Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

I don't remember anything being on TNT but I was pretty young back then.
I really liked their intro. Showed a nice montage of great players making similar moves in quick succession all to music.

For being their own unaffiliated cable network, they did a really good job.
 


No wonder everyone in the draft knows who we are taking. Like um, you're team 7, the Cowboys trade behind you. Now you can literally tell every other team, if you want Roy Williams the Cowboys traded behind us to take him at 8, so trade up to 7.

No wonder the Ravens continually jump us in the draft to take the guy we supposedly wanted.
 
No wonder everyone in the draft knows who we are taking. Like um, you're team 7, the Cowboys trade behind you. Now you can literally tell every other team, if you want Roy Williams the Cowboys traded behind us to take him at 8, so trade up to 7.

No wonder the Ravens continually jump us in the draft to take the guy we supposedly wanted.
Because Jerry Jones can't keep his damn mouth shut.
 
I surprised myself by remembering Mike Rumph was in that 2002 draft.

Rumph, Roy, and Jammer were the 3 guys I was rooting for.
 
Yeah, that was the year of that great Peter King story detailing the pre draft meetings. Old Man Garrett was screaming at everyone that if you knew football at all Philip Buchanon was going to be a great corner and had to be the pick.

Fucking dumbass.
 
Yeah, that was the year of that great Peter King story detailing the pre draft meetings. Old Man Garrett was screaming at everyone that if you knew football at all Philip Buchanon was going to be a great corner and had to be the pick.

Fucking dumbass.

Yeah I remember wanting to trade back and take Ed Reed. Just saying.
 
I surprised myself by remembering Mike Rumph was in that 2002 draft.

Rumph, Roy, and Jammer were the 3 guys I was rooting for.
:lol

I remember the Longhornie fan boys losing their minds over Quentin Jammer in the old days.
 
Yeah, that was the year of that great Peter King story detailing the pre draft meetings. Old Man Garrett was screaming at everyone that if you knew football at all Philip Buchanon was going to be a great corner and had to be the pick.

Fucking dumbass.

That era had to be the dumbest in terms of scouting influence in this organization's history.

We had Jerry Jones and Goof Son being led by the nose by the likes of Larry Lacewell and Jim Garrett for a good bit.

It just goes to show you how nepotism works in the NFL.

If there was no Jim Garrett, we would never ever have had Jason Garrett.

What a beautiful world that would have been.

You know what? Fuck Jim Garrett, man.

I still remember that vigorous campaign to Todd Fuckin' Lowber?

And let's be serious, what kind of asshole actually names their own child Judd?
 
No wonder everyone in the draft knows who we are taking. Like um, you're team 7, the Cowboys trade behind you. Now you can literally tell every other team, if you want Roy Williams the Cowboys traded behind us to take him at 8, so trade up to 7.

No wonder the Ravens continually jump us in the draft to take the guy we supposedly wanted.
Good thing Jerry got that extra draft pick so we could blow it on Derek Ross. Well played sir
 
Back
Top Bottom