Cowboys Nostalgia Thread




23:50
Todd Bowles hits Herschel Walker head on…and it doesn’t go well for him.
Nice. Herschel was such a truck.

18:06... The only play Danny Noonan ever made? Such a penalty today. No, probably a suspension. Don't think there was even a flag on it, though
 


This game was kind of like, when you knew we had arrived. This beating led to yet another.

This was glorious ass-beating and is what made them go load up just to beat us.

If you do not want to watch the whole video, just skip forward to approximately the 24:00 mark.

That is when we decided to go kill Steve Young.
 
Last edited:


If you do not want to watch the whole video, just skip forward to approximately the 24:00 mark.

That is when we decided to go kill Steve Young.

At about 24:47 I think it was Chad Hennings that jumped over Young and kicked him in the head after he was taken down by Jeffcoat. Young flopped to the ground, but there was no flag.

I like it.
 
At about 24:47 I think it was Chad Hennings that jumped over Young and kicked him in the head after he was taken down by Jeffcoat. Young flopped to the ground, but there was no flag.

I like it.
That was an especially gratifying play. They brutalized that little ‘mo.
 
nice little article about Howley and the other greats

 
nice little article about Howley and the other greats


That was a great read.

Always been a fan of McClain and Mattress Mack is a great human being and a Houston area legend.

I had no clue he grew up a Cowboys fan.
 
What's the story with an NFL game being on TNT? I didn't remember that at all.
 
Pretty sure it was the original Sunday night football before NBC took over the package
Yeah, it was exactly that, though ESPN actually took over that exact package first in the late 1990’s.

NFL wanted a major network to take it over though, believing more people would watch if they marketed it right. NBC took over in the mid-2000’s and traded some animation properties or something like that to Disney in exchange to get Al Michaels from ABC.
 
Yeah, it was exactly that, though ESPN actually took over that exact package first in the late 1990’s.

NFL wanted a major network to take it over though, believing more people would watch if they marketed it right. NBC took over in the mid-2000’s and traded some animation properties or something like that to Disney in exchange to get Al Michaels from ABC.
IIRC TNT got the first 8 Sunday night games and ESPN got the second half of the season. That was like 91-93, right?
 
IIRC TNT got the first 8 Sunday night games and ESPN got the second half of the season. That was like 91-93, right?

Yup that's correct.

As Phil said, it seemed like every time we went to Phoenix back then it was on Sunday night and it was on TNT.

I also remember our game at Minnesota in 95 that we won in OT was also on TNT.
 
Yup that's correct.

As Phil said, it seemed like every time we went to Phoenix back then it was on Sunday night and it was on TNT.

I also remember our game at Minnesota in 95 that we won in OT was also on TNT.

I don't remember anything being on TNT but I was pretty young back then.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: p1_
Back
Top Bottom