Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Marino had such a beautiful throwing motion. But a real asshole outside of that.
 
Boy have things done changed.

1994 Preseason…Preseason.

Emmitt with 18 rushes in the first half. :lol

—-
IRVING, Texas, Aug. 21 -- Emmitt Smith carried 21 times for 110 yards and a touchdown in his first action of the exhibition season Sunday night, leading the Dallas Cowboys to a 34-10 win over the Denver Broncos. Smith, the NFL's Most Valuable Player last season, scored on a 1-yard run in the first quarter that capped an opening 10-minute, 26-second drive for the Cowboys. Smith rushed 18 times for 98 yards in the first half and caught two passes for nine yards. Troy Aikman completed 15 of his 23 passes for 156 yards, Michael Irvin caught five passes for 55 yards in his debut and Jay Novacek caught five for 59 yards.

 


I remember that opener like it was yesterday.

Went out to Pittsburgh and beat the ever loving shit out of them.

It was so impressive I thought we were "back" and thought we'd be SB contenders that year.

Little did I know I we'd be 7-9 and that this would be our best win of the season.
 
Little did I know I we'd be 7-9 and that this would be our best win of the season.

Looking at theweekly results, I don’t even remember half those games. Self-preservation, I guess.
I remember the Bears and Packers game where Deion had a TD each.

I remember losing to Arizona for the first time in years, but I didn’t remember it being 1997.

Definitely don’t remember a 5-game losing stretch to end the season. And Emmitt only had 4 TDs all year?
 
Looking at theweekly results, I don’t even remember half those games. Self-preservation, I guess.
I remember the Bears and Packers game where Deion had a TD each.

I remember losing to Arizona for the first time in years, but I didn’t remember it being 1997.

Definitely don’t remember a 5-game losing stretch to end the season. And Emmitt only had 4 TDs all year?

A lot of people thought Emmitt was done after the 97 season.

Kinda like Zeke now, most of the Cowboys had simply run him into the ground and he was finished.

But Chan Gailey revived him in 98 and in 99, he had one of the finest seasons of his career.

Gailey may not have been a great coach, but I do think he played a large part in saving Emmitt's career.
 
Last edited:
This is actually really fricking cool and must've taken a ton of work, but this is a nice collection of Cowboys highlights spanning multiple eras:

 
Back
Top Bottom