Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

I've said it before, and I stand by it. Aikman was the most accurate passer to ever grace the field.
 
I've said it before, and I stand by it. Aikman was the most accurate passer to ever grace the field.
It's weird to say, but he may be one of the more underrated players in team history.

Too many kids only saw him at the end when he was beat up behind a bad OL and terrible coaching and think he was always that way. A lot of people actually believe he was just a glorified bus driver. :doh
 
It's weird to say, but he may be one of the more underrated players in team history.

Too many kids only saw him at the end when he was beat up behind a bad OL and terrible coaching and think he was always that way and just a glorified bus driver. :doh

Yeah its unfortunate Aikman didn't play in an era that protected QBs at all costs and have a chance to play into his late 30s.
 
Yeah its unfortunate Aikman didn't play in an era that protected QBs at all costs and have a chance to play into his late 30s.
Yep. Under today's rules, and with as big and strong as he was plus the way he took care of himself, he could have played to 40 if he wanted to.
 
I'm gonna go ahead and say it and will probably get roasted for it. Aikman was as good as Brady is/was.
 
He is not in the top 40.

:geek

Aikman jumps to #7 all-time in playoffs (min 300 attempts)

 
I'm gonna go ahead and say it and will probably get roasted for it. Aikman was as good as Brady is/was.

During his prime I agree. The problem of course is that Brady's prime lasted much longer as simply touching him was a personal foul. Aikman got the snot knocked out of him with nothing.
 
During his prime I agree. The problem of course is that Brady's prime lasted much longer as simply touching him was a personal foul. Aikman got the snot knocked out of him with nothing.
Indeed, Aikman retired partly because he didn’t want more concussions.
 
Back
Top Bottom