- Joined
- Apr 7, 2013
- Messages
- 140,590
It helped that 2014 Romo was also a monster.2014 Dez was a fucking monster.
It helped that 2014 Romo was also a monster.2014 Dez was a fucking monster.
Yeah, Mosher is a youngun. He has only seen "modern" day Cowboys.I feel bad for Mosher that he's apparently not old enough to remember much better about this franchise than things like random Dez games and Kevin Ogletree outliers.
I mean, the Garrett decade seemed like a long time to us. But if you were 30 years old, that might have been half (or more) of your sports fandom life. Just pathetic that means the best these guys know was a bunch of 8-8 years and two wild card wins over relatively crappy teams.Yeah, Mosher is a youngun. He has only seen "modern" day Cowboys.
Just pathetic that means the best these guys know was a bunch of 8-8 years and two wild card wins over relatively crappy teams.
It helped that 2014 Romo was also a monster.
Overall??? Hmmmmmm.....I don't know.
But single season? I'd probably agree with you.
IMO, the 3 best WR seasons by a Cowboy since the start of the of the 2000s are:
2007 Terrell Owens
2014 Dez Bryant
2009 Miles Austin
Austin's is even more impressive when you consider he didn't start until week 5 or whatever.
My favorite Cowboy of all time.Oh, and for the hell of it, I'll give you what I believe is the gold standard season for Cowboys wide receivers:
1995 Michael Irvin.
No #2 option on the team.
A declining Jay Novacek.
And what does Mike do? Just set an NFL record for most 100 yard games in a season and most consecutive 100 yard games.
Forever the greatest Cowboy of them all.
It was more of Garrett’s damn dumb ass not committing to the run to help him before the back caught up to him. Callahan was a big help despite what our stupid fans thought.Best Romo ever.
The sad thing is that when he finally started to figure it out and he cut down on the turnovers, and he went from a guy who would make the crunch time blunder to a guy who was damn near a guarantee to take them down the field at the end, it's when his body broke down.
I wish we could have had a full year of Romo in 2016.