Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

He was so fucking fun to watch for 3 years.
His MNF kickoff return when he first started and especially his long TD run to finish the Eagles playoff game in 09 were pretty sweet.

I loved that he had great vision and feel for running the ball. He had so many big plays even though he really wasn't that fast because he could see what was happening in front of him in advance. Don't see that as much anymore.
 
His MNF kickoff return when he first started and especially his long TD run to finish the Eagles playoff game in 09 were pretty sweet.

I loved that he had great vision and feel for running the ball. He had so many big plays even though he really wasn't that fast because he could see what was happening in front of him in advance. Don't see that as much anymore.
And then he got fat and slow.
 
His MNF kickoff return when he first started and especially his long TD run to finish the Eagles playoff game in 09 were pretty sweet.

I loved that he had great vision and feel for running the ball. He had so many big plays even though he really wasn't that fast because he could see what was happening in front of him in advance. Don't see that as much anymore.

I was at that MNF game.

And yes, that TD vs the Eagles in the playoffs is my favorite play of his.

That TD run was Green Bay in 08 was also very sweet.
 
1656025223368.png
Tough choices. Some are clearly overranked, like Dupree for instance. And Prescott for a dollar is pretty tempting.

But their ain't no damn way Witten is worth $5.
 
I am not into doing math right now, but I know I am spending five damn dollars on Irvin.
 
If I'm Cooper and I see I cost the same as Miles Austin, I'm big mad.
 
Irvin, Aikman, Hill, Cosbie, Perkins.
 
Give me the triplets and fuck everything else.
 
If we are going to write our own rules then I take them all.
 
The problem is not just deciding which skill players. What kind of OL could you buy? That matters a lot.
 
Miles Austin was more productive as a Cowboy.

Overall??? Hmmmmmm.....I don't know.

But single season? I'd probably agree with you.

IMO, the 3 best WR seasons by a Cowboy since the start of the of the 2000s are:

2007 Terrell Owens
2014 Dez Bryant
2009 Miles Austin

Austin's is even more impressive when you consider he didn't start until week 5 or whatever.
 
Overall??? Hmmmmmm.....I don't know.

But single season? I'd probably agree with you.

IMO, the 3 best WR seasons by a Cowboy since the start of the of the 2000s are:

2007 Terrell Owens
2014 Dez Bryant
2009 Miles Austin

Austin's is even more impressive when you consider he didn't start until week 5 or whatever.
That is more what I am talking about, Austin had three strong strong seasons that could put him up there with Cooper.
 
There it is....

2014 Dez was a fucking monster.

16 TDs, 7 straight games with a TD, 4 multi TD games.

It's a shame we didn't have a true #2 option next to him from 2012-2014.
 
Back
Top Bottom