Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

It is another example of how much we squandered that era. The next week, there was the major fuckage in Green Bay.

That game was prime Suh. He was kicking the shit out of Frederick and Leary for much of the game.

Thought this was going to be the postseason that exorcised The Bobble. In a Blandino-second, it was over.

tony-romo-romoing.jpg
 
The redemption angle for Lawrence is really overplayed in this. But he did make the play. Then he became made. I give him credit, he played the Joneses game.

I forgot that Suh cried at the PC after the game.

I also remembered that was the last time Thorn posted. Went back and looked at the old Chatter thread and it was all jacked up.
 
strange that he would quit after a thrilling playoff victory
 
we lost that game because we completely, and I mean completely, fucked up the possession right before the half

Yup.

I've talked about that game on this board numerous times and I always point to three key moments in the game, that to me, were more decisive than the Dez catch and that possesion to end the half is one of them.

It's 3rd and 1 at the GB 31 and a graphic goes up on the screen that shows that up to that point in the game, we were 4 for 4 on 3rd and 1 handing it to Murray.

So what do we do?

We line up in fucking shotgun to throw it deep which never has a chance because the snap was bad.

Garrett did this shit time and time again but it never fucked us worse than it did that day.
 
I am watching the 2014 Giants game, the one where Beckham made the OMG!one!111!!! catch.

Amazing how untalented that defense was and how fucking bad J.J. Wilcox was.

And yet how many turnovers they created and how many big stops to end games they made.

That 2014 unit was the antithesis of all the other choking ass defenses in years prior.

Just imagine if they actually had some talent.
 
Yup.

I've talked about that game on this board numerous times and I always point to three key moments in the game, that to me, were more decisive than the Dez catch and that possesion to end the half is one of them.

It's 3rd and 1 at the GB 31 and a graphic goes up on the screen that shows that up to that point in the game, we were 4 for 4 on 3rd and 1 handing it to Murray.

So what do we do?

We line up in fucking shotgun to throw it deep which never has a chance because the snap was bad.

Garrett did this shit time and time again but it never fucked us worse than it did that day.
it was absolutely insane that GB scored points right before the half, not us. we had to work to be that incompetent.
 


I have bittersweet memories of Witten. He is a lot like Romo. But a little more likable.

Just a little though.


Witten is a legend.

Anyone who remembers him as anything other than that doesn't have their head on straight.

Yeah, he was a company man and maybe he could have had more influence on some things, but he is the greatest tight end in franchise history, he was tough as nails, and he was everything you wanted a Cowboy to be.

It's a shame he wasted his career under the Jones regime.
 
Witten is a legend.

Anyone who remembers him as anything other than that doesn't have their head on straight.

Yeah, he was a company man and maybe he could have had more influence on some things, but he is the greatest tight end in franchise history, he was tough as nails, and he was everything you wanted a Cowboy to be.

It's a shame he wasted his career under the Jones regime.
He also retired right before the draft and went on a toupee quest on national TV.

Sure, I can appreciate what he did through most of his career, but I am not going to be forced into over appreciating him because he has a place in our loser romance world over the past 2--oh fuck it I am losing count.
 
I thought the ball went right through Romo's hands. Maybe I'm mistaken.

All I remember is that the ball hit the ground and he had to pick it up and it ruined any chance for success.

But again, this is what I don't understand about that particular play and so many plays just like that during the Garrett era....

We are absolutely mauling them on the ground. You are already a perfect 4 for 4 on 3rd and 1 running the ball and we're barely in the 2nd quarter.

You have the defense right where you want them. I guess it's asking too much to just go with what's working and hand the ball to Murray again right? Ok fine.... How about we at least line up under center and go play action or something along those lines that takes advantage of the position we've put that defense in?

WTF are we doing lining up in shotgun there?!

HOW?

WHY?

That shit still bothers me to this day because that 2014 team is the only one I truly felt had the intangibles and the character to make a real run.

And it's also a microcosm of Garrett's tenure and why I never really got my hopes up even when they had good teams. I always felt like even if they put together good teams, that Garrett and his awful coaching staff would find a way to screw the team over and that's exactly what he did that day.

Fucking imbecile.
 
No. The controversial call takes it out of the equation.
Fox did a terrible job of covering Hitchens from the reverse angle where the WR was grabbing him. That’s the view the deep official saw, and IM/o it’s no coincidence they picked up the flag after a conversation with that official.

Hitchens barely touches the receiver, and people freaked because he face guards and doesn’t turn his head. But face guarding is legal.
 
It is another example of how much we squandered that era. The next week, there was the major fuckage in Green Bay.

That game was prime Suh. He was kicking the shit out of Frederick and Leary for much of the game.
Leary had to chokehold Suh on Romo’s go-ahead TD
 
The redemption angle for Lawrence is really overplayed in this. But he did make the play. Then he became made. I give him credit, he played the Joneses game.

I forgot that Suh cried at the PC after the game.

I also remembered that was the last time Thorn posted. Went back and looked at the old Chatter thread and it was all jacked up.
I went from literally hating that guy to being a total mark in one fing play. Never happened before and never since.
 
Back
Top Bottom