Buccaneers Stuff...

Feh, I'd wait as long as possible before doing anything. How many last-chance old non-ST-playing vets are we going to use picks on?

I wouldn't do anything until it's obvious we might be something and the young guys absolutely cannot do it.
 
True, but Pickens took it from great to elite, and I don't want to lose that. Like Ace said, unless he falls apart mentally, you have to find a way to sign him.
I think he's proven how a legit star across from Lamb can make a huge difference with Prescott at QB behind this insanely costly OL.

Bottom line, when Dallas finds another elite receiving target to pair with Lamb, the offense explodes into another gear.

But I don't think it has to only be Pickens, though obviously it would be great if they could keep him.

I think a truly elite TE could be similarly effective. Bottom line someone's going to be open, and Dak will usually find him.

The dimension Pickens adds is Dak's trust with contested targets-- this is rare for Dak, historically, as I don't even think he does this with Lamb.

Dak has always been a guy who throws to the open guy, not the guy who throws them open.
 
I don’t agree with this notion that we don’t need Pickens. We traded for him for a reason, there was a gaping black hole at #2 WR that guys like Brandin Cooks, Jonathan Mingo and Ryan Flournoy are incapable of filling.
Even Flournoy's mom wouldn't call him a #2, and Mingo is a non-entity, but Cooks' 2023 was very solid #2 work.

It ain't easy finding them, but a good GM can usually do it

My preferred ways of getting a #2 WR
  1. Premium Pick-- 1st or early 2nd-- and get young producers like Davonta Smith, Tee Higgens, Jameson Williams, and Jaylen Waddle. Not automatically (or maybe ever) number one guys, but pretty productive in a top supporting role right away. They also have #1 potential.
  2. Trade for Not-a-Fit Premium Player: relative to draft or contract capital spent, these were supposed to be #1's, but either are not performing, have too high cap numbers, or have off-field concerns. Here's your Pickens 2025, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown 2022/2026, and Michael Pittman Jr
  3. Premium FA's. These guys rarely come available, and so are often flawed in some way or want way too much money. Their teams also foolishly missed their trade windows. Romeo Doubs, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs (Buffalo), and George Pickens 2027
  4. Downside Players who maybe have 1-2 more big years like Davonte Adams with the Rams or Cooks in 2023
 



Reverse line movement happening. They're taking lots of Dallas money, and the line has moved from -10 to -7.5.

@Simpleton Have you noticed this? What are your thoughts on this game?
 
Probably people were just like, "10.5 points? This Dallas team?"
 
 
Probably people were just like, "10.5 points? This Dallas team?"


But ordinarily, when they're taking a lot of money on the favorite, the line increases until they start taking money on the dog. I think it said 72% of the money was on Dallas.
 
Back
Top Bottom