The elite offense was one catch from being beat by Houston and if Daniels hadn't got hurt we could be sitting here with 0 wins.True, but Pickens took it from great to elite, and I don't want to lose that. Like Ace said, unless he falls apart mentally, you have to find a way to sign him.
I mean, we can play what-ifs all day. What if Durant, Thompson, Revel, Tyler Smith, Hooker, and Overshown hadn't all gotten hurt? Our offense is elite with Pickens. It is great without him. I would rather our offense be elite.The elite offense was one catch from being beat by Houston and if Daniels hadn't got hurt we could be sitting here with 0 wins.
I dont necessarily say that we should but I can see the reasoning behind doing it.
I don’t agree with this notion that we don’t need Pickens. We traded for him for a reason, there was a gaping black hole at #2 WR that guys like Brandin Cooks, Jonathan Mingo and Ryan Flournoy are incapable of filling.
We need Pickens. If he’s traded or allowed to leave, we need to spend assets to replace him immediately. That’s a first round drafted rookie, or at least a second round, albeit with much less certainty that pick works out then, or an impact free agent, or go find another veteran you can trade for. But if they think they’re just gonna pull Stefan Diggs off the free agent pile at the end of the offseason, they’ve shown they have no luck with that. They’ll have to go trade for a guy LIKE PICKENS again. Like when they went out and traded for Amari Cooper. They need the second high end WR.
I don’t agree with this notion that we don’t need Pickens. We traded for him for a reason, there was a gaping black hole at #2 WR that guys like Brandin Cooks, Jonathan Mingo and Ryan Flournoy are incapable of filling.
We need Pickens. If he’s traded or allowed to leave, we need to spend assets to replace him immediately. That’s a first round drafted rookie, or at least a second round, albeit with much less certainty that pick works out then, or an impact free agent, or go find another veteran you can trade for. But if they think they’re just gonna pull Stefan Diggs off the free agent pile at the end of the offseason, they’ve shown they have no luck with that. They’ll have to go trade for a guy LIKE PICKENS again. Like when they went out and traded for Amari Cooper. They need the second high end WR.
The elite offense was one catch from being beat by Houston and if Daniels hadn't got hurt we could be sitting here with 0 wins.
I dont necessarily say that we should but I can see the reasoning behind doing it.