2026 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 10/04/2026

You mother fuckers gonna be hearing about Alcaraz and Sinner for a long fucking time.

Ride it until it fails I say. Not even sure who those fuckers are.

I'll be honest there were times I was very frustrated during this game. Not sure if it's Dak or Schotty but it feels like we don't become aggressive until we have no options left. Even on defense. It's like awful vanilla zone shit. And then suddenly when you have to get stops to have a chance we see blitzes, we see stunts and we see man coverage.
 
Fans (and Jerry) are gonna forget all the coaching fuckups just because we won.

I'm not, Schottenheimer is a fucking gump that's being kept afloat by a top 3 offense in the league (sound familiar?).

He's a good OC, I was arguing that a few years ago when people shit on him for the "let Russ cook" nonsense, but he's not anything close to a high level HC.

We might be the division favorites now but in the back of my mind I know how this story ends.
 
Ride it until it fails I say. Not even sure who those fuckers are.

I'll be honest there were times I was very frustrated during this game. Not sure if it's Dak or Schotty but it feels like we don't become aggressive until we have no options left.

I'd argue that Alcaraz is the most prodigious young talent in any sport in the world currently, but I'll save that for another (game)day.
 
Pam Oliver: "CeeDee, down on the scoreboard, you ramped it up to get this much-needed win. What do you credit for the 2nd half resurgence?"

CeeDee: "First, glory goes to God, our Lord and Savior. In a close second, there's this skinny jort-wearin' motherfucker. You know who you are Ace. Ball is up in there air 50/50 and I could just hear this "fuck you, Houston. Fuck you, Astrodome" in my ear. I kept saying shut the fuck up, I'm trying to concentrate. Whatever it is, it worked."
 
Also, I was very impressed with Dak.

He was fantastic in that second half and he came up big on the final drive which is something he's been knocked for not doing enough of throughout his career.

The Texans have given up 20 or less in two of their games, one against Burrow. The other two they gave up 30+ against Allen (MVP frontrunner) and Dak.

It's a shame this God damn defense is going to torpedo everything all year.
 
Also, I was very impressed with Dak.

He was fantastic in that second half and he came up big on the final drive which is something he's been knocked for not doing enough of throughout his career.

That fourth and 2 on his last drive, I thought we were cooked. But I almost feel like the Texans burning time outs sort of let Dak organize and calm himself. Once he converted to Ferg I felt confident.
 
Pam Oliver: "CeeDee, down on the scoreboard, you ramped it up to get this much-needed win. What do you credit for the 2nd half resurgence?"

CeeDee: "First, glory goes to God, our Lord and Savior. In a close second, there's this skinny jort-wearin' motherfucker. You know who you are Ace."

IMG_6716.JPG
 
Kind of interested to see the Raiders. Always thought Kubiak would be good here.

And just like that, TD Raiders on a wide open TE play.
 
That fourth and 2 on his last drive, ai thought we were cooked. But I almost feel like the Texans burning time outs sort of let Dak organize and calm himself.

I actually think it was a mistake on their part to do that.

I do think that taking time out to save yourself time is something that teams are starting to do now when they never used to and I think that's a smart idea, And it worked to their advantage in the first half.

However, It's still a clock management thing that you have to recognize how to handle depending on the situation and I think it actually hurt them when they did it in the second half.

We were basically at midfield with two timeouts and only 50 seconds to play. So that means we were going to have to largely lean on chunk yards in order to get into endzone.

But by calling those timeouts, it kept giving us opportunities to open up the playbook even more and gave us more time to work with than we should have.
 
You mother fuckers gonna be hearing about Alcaraz and Sinner for a long fucking time.
giphy.gif
 
Yeah they definitely moved Downs back to a true deep safety towards the end of the game. Which is fine. I trust him to read the play. What you lose though, is things like that great tackle he made on that flat/screen play earlier in the q.
 
We were basically at midfield with two timeouts and only 50 seconds to play. So that means we were going to have to largely lean on chunk yards in order to get into endzone.

Yeah hard to judge. I get it, if they force us into a field goal using those time outs gives them a chance to win at the end. But because we got a TD, it basically cooked them. You wonder if Dallas being rushed would have changed the dynamic. Especially with their great pass rush and Steele being gassed after 1 play.

Maybe it leads to overtime instead of us scoring the TD. Not to mention our blocking on field goals is shit.
 
That was the best possible way to win a game after the heartbreak we suffered last week.

As a fan, watching these games is stressful as shit and you get annoyed at various points in the game :lol

But winning that game in that fashion is really the best outcome we could have hoped for today to help get over the bad taste that last week's loss left.
 
Back
Top Bottom