2026 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

I agree but I think Schottenheimer's fuck ups are so egregious and amateur that they are a sign of a HC that is in over their head, and is something that won't ever change drastically.


I agree with you that Schottenheimer's fuck ups were egregious.

But I will say this.

I heard many similar things from Eagles fans about Andy Reid for years when he was in Philly and honestly some of the criticism about his game management and roster management were legitimate.

Reid was smart enough to surround himself with all time great DCs, so we'll see where Parker ends up.

But I'm just saying some of these issues can be overcome.
 
I agree with you that Schottenheimer's fuck ups were egregious.

But I will say this.

I heard many similar things from Eagles fans about Andy Reid for years when he was in Philly and honestly some of the criticism about his game management and roster management were legitimate.

Reid was smart enough to surround himself with all time great DCs, so we'll see where Parker ends up.

But I'm just saying some of these issues can be overcome.

Sure, but he won almost immediately, I'm saying if we have another losing record and this guy personally fucks up another game or two he should be sent into the sun.

If we win the division at 10-7 or whatever he can have another year or two.
 
Now grab Wisniewski.

To play LBer or safety? At 6'3" 220 pounds he is kind of a tweener. Not sure he has the coverage skills for NFL safety. But then again neither does Bell. And he would probably be a similar talent on special teams.
 
To play LBer or safety? At 6'3" 220 pounds he is kind of a tweener. Not sure he has the coverage skills for NFL safety. But then again neither does Bell. And he would probably be a similar talent on special teams.
Bell is only 8 lbs lighter and the same height. I think Cole Wiz will be fine as a safety.
 


DeMarvion Overshown (hamstring) is looking at missing Sunday’s game, but has Jaishawn Barham earned the middle linebacker role regardless of when Overshown returns?

“We're going to play that by ear,” Brian Schottenheimer said. “I think Jaishawn's earning those opportunities though right now with how he's playing. And I do think that the good thing for him has been with the green dot, it does settle him down a little bit. I think it helps him get into the focus and flow of the game … We'll discuss it. But at the end of the day, you’ve got to be flexible because of the fact that multiple guys have to wear it. But I'm very, very pleased with Jaishawn and his development.”

Asked if Overshown could move back to the weak-side, Schottenheimer said, “I think it goes back to what we did all training camp, all offseason, cross training those guys in different spots. And again, for us right now, it's more about just finding the best balance of those guys. But based on formations, the Mike versus the Dime, as we call it, is based on formation. So that's where the cross-training comes in that we've worked so hard on.”
 


DeMarvion Overshown (hamstring) is looking at missing Sunday’s game, but has Jaishawn Barham earned the middle linebacker role regardless of when Overshown returns?

“We're going to play that by ear,” Brian Schottenheimer said. “I think Jaishawn's earning those opportunities though right now with how he's playing. And I do think that the good thing for him has been with the green dot, it does settle him down a little bit. I think it helps him get into the focus and flow of the game … We'll discuss it. But at the end of the day, you’ve got to be flexible because of the fact that multiple guys have to wear it. But I'm very, very pleased with Jaishawn and his development.”

Asked if Overshown could move back to the weak-side, Schottenheimer said, “I think it goes back to what we did all training camp, all offseason, cross training those guys in different spots. And again, for us right now, it's more about just finding the best balance of those guys. But based on formations, the Mike versus the Dime, as we call it, is based on formation. So that's where the cross-training comes in that we've worked so hard on.”


I get it, no reason to tip your hand about anything. But if Overshwon returns and we turn to the Winters/Overshown combo at LBer I'm going to be pissed. That's the kind of horseshit I'm afraid of with tissues and teddy bears Schotty.

Like go coach pop warner if you want to pull some kind hearted bullshit playing the vet over the rookie because "no vet should lose his job because of injury" Anyway, I'm getting annoyed over something that hasn't happened and so I will move on.
 
Bell is only 8 lbs lighter and the same height. I think Cole Wiz will be fine as a safety.

I mean that would be interesting except Bell sucks as a safety. And Wiz is on a practice squad for a reason. I'm not against signing a safety like that off a practice squad but obviously NFL teams have concerns about his coverage ability.
 
I mean that would be interesting except Bell sucks as a safety. And Wiz is on a practice squad for a reason. I'm not against signing a safety like that off a practice squad but obviously NFL teams have concerns about his coverage ability.

Well to be fair Chuma is on a practice squad as well so All Pros need a break as well.
 
I get it, no reason to tip your hand about anything. But if Overshwon returns and we turn to the Winters/Overshown combo at LBer I'm going to be pissed. That's the kind of horseshit I'm afraid of with tissues and teddy bears Schotty.
From what he said and the way he said it, I don't think Barham is going anywhere. He might have said it like this for Overshown -- maybe they haven't told him yet or don't want to until they're sure he's ready to come back.
 
From what he said and the way he said it, I don't think Barham is going anywhere. He might have said it like this for Overshown -- maybe they haven't told him yet or don't want to until they're sure he's ready to come back.

And I have no problem with Overshown starting...

Next to Barham. Winters has played like soft shit and I'm not sure that Overshown could be any worse. I also wouldn't pulled the green dot from Barham. He has earned that.
 
Back
Top Bottom