2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
 
I don’t think Luepke has much place in a modern offense. The way they talked about using him last year as if he could be Mike Alstott was delusional.

I’m not saying there’s NO place for a fullback on today’s NFL but really there kinda isn’t. Teams don’t use lead blockers anymore really and a RB can do everything better. I kinda think he was a novelty that only had a place because our RB talent was so non existent that it looked like he could contribute in comparison to them. Give me our RB group from like, 2016 or 2014 or 2010 and he doesn’t get a single touch all year.
 
I don’t think Luepke has much place in a modern offense. The way they talked about using him last year as if he could be Mike Alstott was delusional.

I’m not saying there’s NO place for a fullback on today’s NFL but really there kinda isn’t. Teams don’t use lead blockers anymore really and a RB can do everything better. I kinda think he was a novelty that only had a place because our RB talent was so non existent that it looked like he could contribute in comparison to them. Give me our RB group from like, 2016 or 2014 or 2010 and he doesn’t get a single touch all year.
Leupke is far better and more versatile than you're giving him credit for. Not his fault our coaching staff went full retard and didn't use him.
 
Leupke is far better and more versatile than you're giving him credit for. Not his fault our coaching staff went full retard and didn't use him.
Hence my confusion, McCarthy might get stuck in ruts here and there, but he’s been a competent coach in this league for a long time. Why not play Leupke? Kid can block, catch, and run. I don’t get it.

Could it have been Zeke?
 
Hence my confusion, McCarthy might get stuck in ruts here and there, but he’s been a competent coach in this league for a long time. Why not play Leupke? Kid can block, catch, and run. I don’t get it.

Could it have been Zeke?
No idea.

I watched him play for years. He's not your traditional FB. Like you said, he can run, catch, and block. For a bigger guy, he has great balance and wiggle, with soft hands. If we stupidly decide not to use him and cut him, he'll sign somewhere and if they're smart, he'll be a weapon for them.
 
No idea.

I watched him play for years. He's not your traditional FB. Like you said, he can run, catch, and block. For a bigger guy, he has great balance and wiggle, with soft hands. If we stupidly decide not to use him and cut him, he'll sign somewhere and if they're smart, he'll be a weapon for them.
He’d be a nightmare in San Fran
 
I think I'd roll the dice with a 4, but it's not a slam dunk.

If he can get his shit together him and Lamb would be ridiculous, but I think he's a compete head case.
 
I wonder why we haven’t looked at JK Dobbins.
Kid’s a beast, though a little injury prone. I think this draft really undermined his chances.

I mean we’re talking excitedly about players we drafted in the 5th and 7th rounds.

But I prefer Dobbins to either of the FAs we picked up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom