2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think last offseason was a bit of an outlier, they've never really been that apathetic about things.

They might've been a bit more aggressive this offseason (prior to the Pickens trade) but I think that's closer to what we've seen out of them most years, aside from the unusually aggressive trade for Pickens.


I think this year is the outlier. They still made small signings and trades (outside of Pickens), but they seem to have made more than usual.

Last year was probably slightly under what they normally do, but not that unusual for them.
 
I guess Carl Lawson and Linval Joseph at the asscrack of TC dawn?

Yeah and I don't really view those as real free agent signings. Those are more desperation I need guys to fill out the roster last minute signings. That's true scrap heap stuff.

This offseason we actually went out and got the guys we wanted. We didn't just wait to see who no one wanted right before the season started.

And I'm ok not handing out the 4 years and 80+ mil in free agents to guys. It does get a bit maddening with only doing one year deals with everyone. But I don't mind being somewhat cautious in free agency. Teams generally aren't letting their best players hit free agency.
 
I think this year is the outlier. They still made small signings and trades (outside of Pickens), but they seem to have made more than usual.

Last year was probably slightly under what they normally do, but not that unusual for them.

They were pretty aggressive in 2023 as well trading for Cooks and Gilmore, it wasn't to the same extent as this season but even in other years they made several moves, even if they were largely cheap ones.

Last year it was Kendricks and literally nothing until TC basically, that's not normal even for them.
 
They were pretty aggressive in 2023 as well trading for Cooks and Gilmore, it wasn't to the same extent as this season but even in other years they made several moves, even if they were largely cheap ones.

Last year it was Kendricks and literally nothing until TC basically, that's not normal even for them.


I bet we can find plenty of years where they barely did anything. We complain about it constantly over the years. I don't necessarily mean in volume but impact too. It's usually low volume or low impact or both. This year feels a bit different.
 
I bet we can find plenty of years where they barely did anything. We complain about it constantly over the years. I don't necessarily mean in volume but impact too. It's usually low volume or low impact or both. This year feels a bit different.
I think they thought every year since 2021 they were so good they didn't have to do anything. I mean, "drought" and all.

I still think they only did anything this year for the fans. I bet in his heart, Rosie thinks last year was just a fluke outlier, mostly because of injury.
 
I bet we can find plenty of years where they barely did anything. We complain about it constantly over the years. I don't necessarily mean in volume but impact too. It's usually low volume or low impact or both. This year feels a bit different.

True, they would make a number of cheap signings that largely didn't have much impact, but they didn't even bother with that last year. They gave Zimmer his pet cat in Kendricks to help run the defense and that was literally it.
 
They should be playing out the string with an interim HC by that point, so playing them later in the year on the road is probably better than earlier in the year.

Yeah I don't usually get too wrapped up in schedule stuff but my guess is by then it's will be a rookie QB, interim head coach and nothing but a draft pick to play for.
 
They should be playing out the string with an interim HC by that point, so playing them later in the year on the road is probably better than earlier in the year.
I just don't like finishing the season in two cold weather cities. Hopefully we get a late bye this year.
 
I just don't like finishing the season in two cold weather cities. Hopefully we get a late bye this year.

Meh, not a big deal to me, especially if our OL is what I think it could be.

The Skins are at least as much of a warm-weather team right now in my opinion with Daniels at QB and the type of offense they run, and of course the Giants likely won't be playing for shit by the last game of the year.
 
Most memorable season finale ever:



I remember that one. I was driving back to Dallas from Oklahoma City, listening to it on the radio. Got home about 5 minutes before Emmitt separated his shoulder.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom