Your end of season $0.02.

JonIH8723

DCC 4Life
Before the game I took a walk with my wife. As we were walking she asked me if I was excited about the game. I told her that more than anything I was dreading it. She couldn't understand why (obviously not a Cowboys fan) because, in her mind, all she had heard about was how great this team was.

I just knew what was coming. It didn't make any sense on paper. I watched video after video detailing why the Packers were such a great match up for us. How Jordan Love was an inexperienced player, how Joe Barry's scheme would be no match for our vaunted Texas Coast offense. Looking back I see that I was just trying to buy into the hype. Trying to ignore the gnawing doubt that grew more and more voracious in hunger as I listened to family and friends talk about how the curse had been lifted.

Then the Packers proceeded to school us in every possible way. I truly believe now that our players folded as soon as it became appallingly obvious to anyone watching that not only were the Packers not afraid of us, but they were practically drooling in anticipation of feasting on "America's Team"

I am not EVER the type to turn off a game. I have never once in all my 36 years as a fan, turned off a Cowboys game before the final whistle. That is no longer the case.

I then turned the game back on as penance. My wife could see how affected I was by this, and being the angel she is, she gently suggested that the game had been rigged. But I know better.

12 win seasons have just been a distraction from the fact that we are still very much toiling away on this treadmill.

You guys know which one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Members here have to answer that question for themselves. I like to think the black and white nature is what makes us different than the 50 other Cowboys boards out there. The truth is the truth. And, it’s ok for people to vent against something that’s not going to change-it’s the reality of the situation. Lots of lifelong fans are frustrated beyond comprehension because of Jerrys BS. It’s therapeutic to call these fucking hillbillies out.

It’s also all well and good-possibly therapeutic-to pretend things are going to change-it’s fun to play what if…but after 28 years of failure and rinse/repeat, it’s comical to see everyone throwing ideas out there to improve a team owned by a family who have ZERO intentions on doing anything to win a SB. 28 YEARS. Not 3. Not 6…twenty fucking eight. Yet the constant is the Jones family will lie and manipulate the fan base just enough to stay relevant so the money keeps flowing to buy big billion dollar yachts and expensive paintings to put in their stadium. It’s maddening.
I'll out live Jerry and take what joy I can from the regular season until then.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll out live Jerry and take what joy I can from the regular season until then.
I get it. I’m not saying there’s no joy in winning during the season….but over the last 7-8 years, even the fucking Eagles and Bengals went to SBs. The aggravation stems from the modern NFL really being setup where ANYONE can win a SB. The Jones family has the money and ability to put the people in place to get us there, but they refuse because they are narcissistic fucks. Just like Jerry running to the media after the youngest team in the league kicked our ass…..”I feel badly for our fans, they deserve more”
FUCK YOU, you piece of shit PT Carnival barking huckster. Jerry doesn’t feel bad for anyone….nor will he make any changes outside of the limited football acumen they’ve shown they have since the real brains Jimmy Johnson left. Jerry does what’s needed to watch the money roll in, and that’s where the trying stops. Everything else is lip service and unrealistic ideas of the talent on the field.
Im glad there are fans out there who find happiness in being the 12 win Champ of the NFL. If that is good enough for them, I don’t begrudge that.
I want more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it. I’m not saying there’s no joy in winning during the season….but over the last 7-8 years, even the fucking Eagles and Bengals went to SBs. The aggravation stems from the modern NFL really being setup where ANYONE can win a SB. The Jones family has the money and ability to put the people in place to get us there, but they refuse because they are narcissistic fucks. Just like Jerry running to the media after the youngest team in the league kicked our ass…..”I feel badly for our fans, they deserve more”
FUCK YOU, you piece of shit PT Carnival barking huckster. Jerry doesn’t feel bad for anyone….nor will he make any changes outside of the limited football acumen they’ve shown they have since the real brains Jimmy Johnson left. Jerry does what’s needed to watch the money roll in, and that’s where the trying stops. Everything else is lip service and unrealistic ideas of the talent on the field.
Im glad there are fans out there who find happiness in being the 12 win Champ of the NFL. If that is good enough for them, I don’t begrudge that.
I want more.
Just to be clear I want more too. I would take some losing seasons at this point if there was light at the end of the tunnel.

data

Forbes #1
Before the game I took a walk with my wife. As we were walking she asked me if I was excited about the game. I told her that more than anything I was dreading it. She couldn't understand why (obviously not a Cowboys fan) because, in her mind, all she had heard about was how great this team was.

I just knew what was coming. It didn't make any sense on paper. I watched video after video detailing why the Packers were such a great match up for us. How Jordan Love was an inexperienced player, how Joe Barry's scheme would be no match for our vaunted Texas Coast offense. Looking back I see that I was just trying to buy into the hype. Trying to ignore the gnawing doubt that grew more and more voracious in hunger as I listened to family and friends talk about how the curse had been lifted.

Then the Packers proceeded to school us in every possible way. I truly believe now that our players folded as soon as it became appallingly obvious to anyone watching that not only were the Packers not afraid of us, but they were practically drooling in anticipation of feasting on "America's Team"

I am not EVER the type to turn off a game. I have never once in all my 36 years as a fan, turned off a Cowboys game before the final whistle. That is no longer the case.

I then turned the game back on as penance. My wife could see how affected I was by this, and being the angel she is, she gently suggested that the game had been rigged. But I know better.

12 win seasons have just been a distraction from the fact that we are still very much toiling away on this treadmill.

You guys know which one.
Good to see you again. Where you been?

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
In addition to the carnival, entitled atmosphere that pervades through the organization regardless of coach, player, and scheme, there always seems to be easily identifiable issues that if things don't break just right will cause the season to end like it just did.

Many people on this board looked at the RB situation and the LB depth before the season and said it was going to be a problem. Ronald Jones and Overshown flame out before the season starts, Vander Esch got hurt for the 19th consecutive year and what we were unable to do consistently? Run the ball and stop the run.

No effort to try and fix it during the season other than a half-assed effort at Shaq Leonard, who was done anyway. So not only do we have the entitled atmosphere, we have a 81 year old GM who didn't know what he was doing 30 years ago, much less now.

We actually had pretty decent injury luck this year, and I think both Fat Mike and Dak will be back next year. Not exactly encouraging going into next season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I want more.
@son of deadrise, see? This guy owns half this board.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Nothing we don't already know, it's just nice to hear it acknowledged on network tv.
Young is a Cowboy hater but he’s simply reiterating what everyone else says about who the Cowboys are, and where the problem lies. Jerry Jones.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

You guys know which one.
We're all like battered spouses.

Hubby/wife didn't come home after work, they out drinking, you know the abuse will be inflicted soon.

We take it anyway.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Just to be clear I want more too. I would take some losing seasons at this point if there was light at the end of the tunnel.
I get it brother. I’m a pessimist when it comes to the Cowboys-I’ll be the first to admit it. Even at that I love reading the ideas to improve the team guys here come up with, God knows if it could actually happen how happy everyone would be. But no matter which way you feel, If you can’t express yourself here on the board, where else can you do it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it brother. I’m a pessimist when it comes to the Cowboys-I’ll be the first to admit it. Even at that I love reading the ideas to improve the team guys here come up with, God knows if it could actually happen how happy everyone would be. But no matter which way you feel, If you can’t express yourself here on the board, where else can you do it?
Yeah I think most of us love playing a little fantasy GM in our heads and talking about what could fix things as opposed to what the team will actually do.

JonIH8723

DCC 4Life
Good to see you again. Where you been?
Ahh man I'm always lurking. Been lurking since the sbk days. To be 100% truthful, this forum has always intimidated me. I can't tell you how many times I've started a reply/comment only to erase it.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom