Your end of season $0.02.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Barton makes a lot of sense even though the term "versatile" pisses me off with a first round draft pick on the O-line. I think he is really good. And maybe he is the center or guard of our dreams.
Plus he is from Duke. Added bonus right there.

JonIH8723

DCC 4Life
What about this board intimidates you? I'm honestly asking.
It's actually kind of depressing looking back on it because I got in my own head about it more than anything.

It was a combination of not feeling that I could provide any additional insight and having had a shitty encounter on the old ESPN boards with Mr. SBK. I was pretty young and hadn't truly watched enough football to understand situational football combined with it also being around the time that advanced analytics started gaining steam.

I also saw how hilarious you MFers were when going toe to toe with all the "homers" and absolutely did not want to come off that way. I tend to be more optimistic concerning all things Cowboys.

Rev

Staff member
It's actually kind of depressing looking back on it because I got in my own head about it more than anything.

It was a combination of not feeling that I could provide any additional insight and having had a shitty encounter on the old ESPN boards with Mr. SBK. I was pretty young and hadn't truly watched enough football to understand situational football combined with it also being around the time that advanced analytics started gaining steam.

I also saw how hilarious you MFers were when going toe to toe with all the "homers" and absolutely did not want to come off that way. I tend to be more optimistic concerning all things Cowboys.
I will say the board does need more optimism. Just dont let the old man drag you down.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Wow, didn't mean to cause a tangent... with my OP I was just trying to get everyone's "state of the Cowboys" thoughts... then the proverbial "wet blanket" gets thrown on.

It's like when you're having an important discussion with the wife and your kid walks by and rips a huge fart... it's pretty much a conversation ender.

shane

DCC 4Life
These fucktards have a remarkable history of not having any clue how to run 12 personnel while wasting 2nd rounders on TE2.

I can't fathom why it was such a high priority to get a TE2.

Draft history says they do much better picking TEs in the middle rounds (Shultz, Turd, Witten) instead of reaching in the second (Poon, Escobar, Bennett)
Seems like they might not have been completely sold on Ferguson. I thought it was a bad pick at the time. Maybe Schoon takes a leap next year and Dallas can be a bigger tougher team up front though who knows?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Seems like they might not have been completely sold on Ferguson. I thought it was a bad pick at the time. Maybe Schoon takes a leap next year and Dallas can be a bigger tougher team up front though who knows?
:thumbsup

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd like to know what was going on between the scouts and coaches. They drafted Schoon, then the first week Hendershot comes back from injury he gets more snaps than our second rounder who had been playing all year. Why? Probably because the TE coach has a thing for Hendershot.

If the TE coach loves PH so much, why are we even spending a second on a TE? I thought we fixed all this in the Sharrif Floyd draft, but that was a different group of coaches.

Rev

Staff member
I'd like to know what was going on between the scouts and coaches. They drafted Schoon, then the first week Hendershot comes back from injury he gets more snaps than our second rounder who had been playing all year. Why? Probably because the TE coach has a thing for Hendershot.

If the TE coach loves PH so much, why are we even spending a second on a TE? I thought we fixed all this in the Sharrif Floyd draft, but that was a different group of coaches.
The 2nd is the Jerry wastes the pick round portion of the draft.

Top Bottom