Your end of season $0.02.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Would you ever consider trading Parsons (lets say DQ gets the Seattle gig and they "want" each other), and if so, what would it take? Is keeping him "happy" becoming too difficult?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Would you ever consider trading Parsons (lets say DQ gets the Seattle gig and they "want" each other), and if so, what would it take? Is keeping him "happy" becoming too difficult?
I haven't gotten the impression that Micah is difficult at all.

And no, you don't trade a generational talent unless he's a problem and I've seen no indication whatsoever that Micah has been or will be a problem.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would listen. I'd trade anyone except a great QB for the right price.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would listen. I'd trade anyone except a great QB for the right price.
Yeah but a pass rusher is the next most important probably.

What would you take? Two firsts would not be enough. I don’t know if three firsts would be enough.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I can't remember a weirder, more depressing game than yesterday. I've tried to work it out in my head all day today and I can't. I'm not going to discuss coaching hires/fires and resigning/tradingDak. Both of those are multi-layered and I have no idea what Jerry the Clown is thinking. Instead I'll just go over some things that bothered me during the game.

1)What was with the weird ass vibes with mm, dak and cd. What was going with mccarthy feeling the need to address cd after one drive and the missed throw. Was cd lamenting the fact that Dak was errant right off the bat? Was there some behind the scenes bullshit that will never come to light? Just very odd.

2)the zone defense looks have been discussed ad nauseum. And yeah, it was fucked. The image of micah dropping into deep middle coverage early on haunts me. Drive after drive of receivers running into wide open space was shocking. I dont know if quinn saw something on tape or he thought he was clever and would confuse love, but whatever it shouldve been abandoned after one drive. Just a terrible decision.

3) Dak was saucer eyed as he has been before in important games. It is my opinion that the coaching staff should expect that and call much safer plays. Even if it's a couple three and outs or whatever, dak just has way too much hyper energy at the start of games like that. Hell, I'm no coach but I sure wouldnt be calling slant passes that require a small receiver to absolutely win the position on the defender. Don't let dak get greedy in those situations. Maybe the entire offense got scared because green bay wouldn't stop scoring on our defense. In fact they are probably still scoring touchdowns at this very moment. I get it.

4) to have a team come out and look that scared, and no energy and just arrogant and lazy really bothered me. Thats on coaching. Thats on stupid players. Thats on the entire organization. It's inexcusable. I sat there in silence watching that dogshit performance. It was the worst.

i am really depressed from that game. Usually that shit never bothers me but this one was so damn bad. It's hard to imagine gearing up to watch another season but I know this feeling will fade and i'll be ready for late summer. I kinda wish we could just blow up the team but I understand that isn't very practical. I think we do need to fire MM. and Quinn will/should be gone as well. I'm very down on Dak but I understand the situation we are in with him and finding an nfl qb.

Anyway, this helped me feel better typing all this out. Sorry for any typos. Go Cowboys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't remember a weirder, more depressing game than yesterday. I've tried to work it out in my head all day today and I can't. I'm not going to discuss coaching hires/fires and resigning/tradingDak. Both of those are multi-layered and I have no idea what Jerry the Clown is thinking. Instead I'll just go over some things that bothered me during the game.

1)What was with the weird ass vibes with mm, dak and cd. What was going with mccarthy feeling the need to address cd after one drive and the missed throw. Was cd lamenting the fact that Dak was errant right off the bat? Was there some behind the scenes bullshit that will never come to light? Just very odd.

2)the zone defense looks have been discussed ad nauseum. And yeah, it was fucked. The image of micah dropping into deep middle coverage early on haunts me. Drive after drive of receivers running into wide open space was shocking. I dont know if quinn saw something on tape or he thought he was clever and would confuse love, but whatever it shouldve been abandoned after one drive. Just a terrible decision.

3) Dak was saucer eyed as he has been before in important games. It is my opinion that the coaching staff should expect that and call much safer plays. Even if it's a couple three and outs or whatever, dak just has way too much hyper energy at the start of games like that. Hell, I'm no coach but I sure wouldnt be calling slant passes that require a small receiver to absolutely win the position on the defender. Don't let dak get greedy in those situations. Maybe the entire offense got scared because green bay wouldn't stop scoring on our defense. In fact they are probably still scoring touchdowns at this very moment. I get it.

4) to have a team come out and look that scared, and no energy and just arrogant and lazy really bothered me. Thats on coaching. Thats on stupid players. Thats on the entire organization. It's inexcusable. I sat there in silence watching that dogshit performance. It was the worst.

i am really depressed from that game. Usually that shit never bothers me but this one was so damn bad. It's hard to imagine gearing up to watch another season but I know this feeling will fade and i'll be ready for late summer. I kinda wish we could just blow up the team but I understand that isn't very practical. I think we do need to fire MM. and Quinn will/should be gone as well. I'm very down on Dak but I understand the situation we are in with him and finding an nfl qb.

Anyway, this helped me feel better typing all this out. Sorry for any typos. Go Cowboys.
Great post.

Sums up a lot of my feelings as well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All these ideas and suggestions are great. Too bad we have a bumblefuck for a GM and owner and none of these needs will be addressed.
The Sporting News had a list of Cowboy Candidates article today and I kid you not Kellen Moore was on the list.

That happens and I'm on my way to buy a Stroud Jersey.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Strategy:
1) Fix the front seven run defense
2) Fix the front seven run defense
3) Passing game
  • Continue short patterns-- that works for Dak
  • Slightly bigger bodied targets for Dak. Cooks is too small and Dak feels too much pressure to be perfect
  • Emphasize YAC. Help the QB get yardage
  • RB's in the passing game by design. Helps the whole offense, and forces the defense to cover tighter and open downfield targets
4) Running game
  • Get tougher. 3rd and 1 should be automatic
  • Soft hands. Everyone catches the ball or GTFO
  • Everyone pass blocks or GTFO
5) Oh yeah, fix the fucking front seven run defense

Amicably part ways with:

• Dan Quinn
  • Brian Schottenheimer
  • Tony Pollard
  • Michael Gallup
Trade:
  • Sam Williams (to Quinn)
Re-Sign:
  • Tyler Biadasz
  • Dorance Armstrong
  • Tyron Smith
Move:
  • Tyler Smith to LT
  • Tyron Smith to Swing Tackle
  • Cooks to 3rd WR
Target positions:
  • Best DE you can find
  • NT
  • Tough 230-235 pound LB with hip swivel
  • OG
  • 6'+ WR, excellent route runner
  • Fast, tough RB with soft hands

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Strategy:
1) Fix the front seven run defense
2) Fix the front seven run defense
3) Passing game
  • Continue short patterns-- that works for Dak
  • Slightly bigger bodied targets for Dak. Cooks is too small and Dak feels too much pressure to be perfect
  • Emphasize YAC. Help the QB get yardage
  • RB's in the passing game by design. Helps the whole offense, and forces the defense to cover tighter and open downfield targets
4) Running game
  • Get tougher. 3rd and 1 should be automatic
  • Soft hands. Everyone catches the ball or GTFO
  • Everyone pass blocks or GTFO
5) Oh yeah, fix the fucking front seven run defense

Amicably part ways with:

• Dan Quinn
  • Brian Schottenheimer
  • Tony Pollard
  • Michael Gallup
Trade:
  • Sam Williams (to Quinn)
Re-Sign:
  • Tyler Biadasz
  • Dorance Armstrong
  • Tyron Smith
Move:
  • Tyler Smith to LT
  • Tyron Smith to Swing Tackle
  • Cooks to 3rd WR
Target positions:
  • Best DE you can find
  • NT
  • Tough 230-235 pound LB with hip swivel
  • OG
  • 6'+ WR, excellent route runner
  • Fast, tough RB with soft hands
I’d add ditch McCarthy. Replace him with the Ravens DC or Harbaugh.
Add to this an innovative OC who can scheme players open. Not a retread. Not Fatass McCarthy if for whatever reason Jerry keeps him as HC.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The Sporting News had a list of Cowboy Candidates article today and I kid you not Kellen Moore was on the list.

That happens and I'm on my way to buy a Stroud Jersey.

Yeah, they'll be dead to me.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
All these ideas and suggestions are great. Too bad we have a bumblefuck for a GM and owner and none of these needs will be addressed.
So what's the point of even coming here then? Just to have one big circle-jetk about the Cowboys being terminally fucked as long as JJ is around? I do believe that we're all painfully aware of it, but hey, maybe if it's stated a thousand more times something magical will happen.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So what's the point of even coming here then? Just to have one big circle-jetk about the Cowboys being terminally fucked as long as JJ is around? I do believe that we're all painfully aware of it, but hey, maybe if it's stated a thousand more times something magical will happen.
Members here have to answer that question for themselves. I like to think the black and white nature is what makes us different than the 50 other Cowboys boards out there. The truth is the truth. And, it’s ok for people to vent against something that’s not going to change-it’s the reality of the situation. Lots of lifelong fans are frustrated beyond comprehension because of Jerrys BS. It’s therapeutic to call these fucking hillbillies out.

It’s also all well and good-possibly therapeutic-to pretend things are going to change-it’s fun to play what if…but after 28 years of failure and rinse/repeat, it’s comical to see everyone throwing ideas out there to improve a team owned by a family who have ZERO intentions on doing anything to win a SB. 28 YEARS. Not 3. Not 6…twenty fucking eight. Yet the constant is the Jones family who will lie and manipulate the fan base just enough to stay relevant so the money keeps flowing to buy big billion dollar yachts and expensive paintings to put in their stadium. It’s maddening.

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Twenty eight years of different coaches, different coordinators, different QB's, different rosters, exact...same...results. Like the Bon Jovi song says " It's all the same. Only the names have changed ".
The only common denominator, as we know too well, is the Jones family. IMO the only change from a player angle we could shoot for is to get serious about drafting a QB. Roll the dice on a first rounder. For seventeen years we went with undrafted and fourth round varieties. There was good reason they were undrafted and fourth rounder. Enough with the "diamond in the rough" and "look what I found"chicken shit approach.
Aside from that the obvious culprit is the Jones clan. We have to stop thinking that there's any chance they will ever change. Not gonna happen.
* My two pennies * FWIW

Top Bottom