Wild Card Gameday Chatter|1/4/14

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Saints offense hardly looked better than our Orton-led offense against a mediocre at best Eagles defense, Seattle will beat the Saints relatively easily unless they turn the ball over and generally beat themselves.
They won because they have a guy in Payton who went in at halftime and adjusted their playcalling to take advantage of the holes he saw in the Eagles D in the first 2 quarters.

Too bad we have a retard at HC/OC who is too stubborn to see what is working for everyone else.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They won because they have a guy in Payton who went in at halftime and adjusted their playcalling to take advantage of the holes he saw in the Eagles D in the first 2 quarters.

Too bad we have a retard at HC/OC who is too stubborn to see what is working for everyone else.
Not just that. Payton is really aggressive. Garrett coaches like a scared little girl.

But that is something I think is a side effect of the fact he is still in training.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like this Chargers team quite a bit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Franklin sucks, Saints suck, Chargers suck, Bengals suck...
I see, so thinking a guy who has 3 years of HC experience in college doesn't deserve an NFL job, that an inconsistent Saints team who barely won last night will lose in Seattle and that a 9-7 Chargers team who was a 41 yard FG away from losing to a team of backups and missing the playoffs isn't that great means that I think every team and coach sucks?

Solid logic there, especially since I just posted about 4 paragraphs giving the Bengals props and saying how we should mimic them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

That is true, Garrett never would've called a game like that last night.

data

Forbes #1
Julianna Margiules is unattractive and isn't compelling. Don't see how she is still in show business.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I think it is hilarious how people pretend that the Zimmer defense you see now is anything like what he rolled out here in Dallas.

There are blitz schemes he never did here during the Conga-line era.

It is like nobody thinks for a second that hey, maybe Marvin Lewis gave him some serious advice and tutelage.
Oh there is no doubt Zimmer learned some good things from Lewis....but that's the point. He LEARNED. And his D has shown that.

Garrett is still learning on the job the last 4 years, but hasn't gotten any better. 8-8 BABY!!!!

:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not just that. Payton is really aggressive. Garrett coaches like a scared little girl.

But that is something I think is a side effect of the fact he is still in training.
He never has his own plan...it is generally reactionary to criticism.

data

Forbes #1
If we go hard after the DL, we need to avoid guys from Podunk State. In fact, we need to go all big school for once and see what happens.

We have had too many guys like Jason Williams, AOA, Webb and Brewster who were soft and came from small schools.
We tried '4th and Long'. What else do you want?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh there is no doubt Zimmer learned some good things from Lewis....but that's the point. He LEARNED. And his D has shown that.

Garrett is still learning on the job the last 4 years, but hasn't gotten any better. 8-8 BABY!!!!

:lol
Well maybe that is the problem. Jerry just has not surrounded Jason with the right tutors.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see, so thinking a guy who has 3 years of HC experience in college doesn't deserve an NFL job, that an inconsistent Saints team who barely won last night will lose in Seattle and that a 9-7 Chargers team who was a 41 yard FG away from losing to a team of backups and missing the playoffs isn't that great means that I think every team and coach sucks?

Solid logic there, especially since I just posted about 4 paragraphs giving the Bengals props and saying how we should mimic them.
Don't hurt me tough guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We tried '4th and Long'. What else do you want?
And we still fucked it up.

Hawkins is a real NFL player who has made a career for himself. Holley is not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I envy teams with a QB who can run.

Karbala

Brand New Member
If we go hard after the DL, we need to avoid guys from Podunk State. In fact, we need to go all big school for once and see what happens.

We have had too many guys like Jason Williams, AOA, Webb and Brewster who were soft and came from small schools.
I don't care where they come from. I care if they can play.

Maryland is a bigger school than Troy St.

I'm glad we didn't make a decision based on that.

UncleMilti

Staff member

Totally agree here.

It was obvious Paytons plan was to use checkdowns and the running game to counter the cold weather last night. When the Eagles started shutting that down, he said fuck it and started airing it out.

Garrett would still be calling pass plays to Witten 3 yards short of the first down this morning.

Top Bottom