Who would you trade Dak Prescott for?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Who cares about 3 first rounders if you aren't able to find a new franchise QB with at least one of them.
That's why I would have to think carefully about it. You don't toss a potential franchise QB after him having the best rookie season in the almost all of the history of football for hopes or has-beens. It's silly to even consider, really.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Who's a better QB that isn't at least 8 years older than Dak? Maybe Luck. Maybe.

As a GM, Dak is untradeable. Nothing is worth losing an elite franchise QB in the 2nd year of his rookie contract.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Who's a better QB that isn't at least 8 years older than Dak? Maybe Luck. Maybe.

As a GM, Dak is untradeable. Nothing is worth losing an elite franchise QB in the 2nd year of his rookie contract.
This thread is zone worthy butches.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Whatever, complain about my thread.... I was just giving us something to talk about.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Have to see the deal. Honestly, I still worry he will fizzle next year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not trading Dak at all. He probably will come back to Earth this season but his play and leadership is worth building around. Then you add in the money/salary cap ramifications. That is just a bonus to me. I will take the years of franchise play over a one shot chance.

townsend

Banned
Have to see the deal. Honestly, I still worry he will fizzle next year.
It's possible. But that's true of any player at any time. He seems to have his head on straight, thrives under pressure, is a natural leader, and has an outstanding team around him. So there are no obvious flaws that will take him down. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a kind of disappointing season and passed for 25 TDs and 15 Ints next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's possible. But that's true of any player at any time. He seems to have his head on straight, thrives under pressure, is a natural leader, and has an outstanding team around him. So there are no obvious flaws that will take him down. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a kind of disappointing season and passed for 25 TDs and 15 Ints next year.
Dak could fizzle but I really struggle for any rational reason as to why he will. Our offensive coaching staff is exactly the same. We have basically kept all of his weapons around him exactly the same. He is once again going to have Elliott back there running the ball at a high level. I really don't see why anything should change from last year with regards to Dak.

Now maybe the thought is that all of the success will go to his head but considering Dak is one of the most level headed QBs I have ever seen that seems like a pretty far stretch. This isn't a guy with 4 or 5 games of tape. Teams had a full 16 game season to try and figure him out and still couldn't. I see no reason why that would change this season.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Dak could fizzle but I really struggle for any rational reason as to why he will. Our offensive coaching staff is exactly the same. We have basically kept all of his weapons around him exactly the same. He is once again going to have Elliott back there running the ball at a high level. I really don't see why anything should change from last year with regards to Dak.

Now maybe the thought is that all of the success will go to his head but considering Dak is one of the most level headed QBs I have ever seen that seems like a pretty far stretch. This isn't a guy with 4 or 5 games of tape. Teams had a full 16 game season to try and figure him out and still couldn't. I see no reason why that would change this season.
It isn't a rational thought. I've been beat down. I felt the same about Romo when he first started. I just don't want to get my hopes up and be let down.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
His performance was on par with Zeke, yet nobody worries about Zeke having a down year just because he was a top 5 pick...
Every player is tradeable, but I tend to agree, if I was starting a team right now in a fantasy draft type setting, Dak would probablly be my top pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It isn't a rational thought. I've been beat down. I felt the same about Romo when he first started. I just don't want to get my hopes up and be let down.
And I understand that. It's a feeling of "it's too good to be true." And frankly with Romo we have become accustomed to a roller coaster ride of every good year being followed up by a let down. Hell most were just waiting for that other shoe to drop all season long last year. Hopefully another great season out of Dak will help to rid fans of that feeling. At some point if he continues to succeed that feeling of impending doom has to go away right?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't trade Dak but I do trade Garrett.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
His performance was on par with Zeke, yet nobody worries about Zeke having a down year just because he was a top 5 pick...
Every player is tradeable, but I tend to agree, if I was starting a team right now in a fantasy draft type setting, Dak would probablly be my top pick.

The difference to me isn't draft status, but rather RBs are much more reliable to maintain consistent performance.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was a good thread. Don't worry that Dak is beginning to develop a stepford following.
If he puts up let's say, 28 passing TD's, 12 INT's, 5 rushing TD's, and 4,100 yards on 64% completion percentage next year, would you trade him for any other QB's then?

Let's assume Rodgers keeps doing what he's been doing for the past 6-8 years but Ryan comes back to Earth after a career year and puts up, let's say, 30 TD's to 15 INT's.

Top Bottom