Where is Romo Going? Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"Don't tell us black folks how to feel!" He actually said that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
"Don't tell us black folks how to feel!" He actually said that.
Not surprising. He always says the most outlandish shit to gain the most possible attention.

townsend

Banned
Stephen A. "I can make anything racial" Smith said you'd never see a black guy feted/celebrated this way. At least one guy was on the panel to slap him down.
Kobe had a retirement tour where the Lakers essentially gave up their season to feature him in exhibitions.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The irony of the city's basketball team honoring him about 20x as much as the football team is not lost on this fan.
How do you figure?

Because they let him be a pretend player for a day?

Cotton

Staff member
The irony of the city's basketball team honoring him about 20x as much as the football team is not lost on this fan.
I highly doubt the Cowboys are done honoring him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How do you figure?

Because they let him be a pretend player for a day?
Yeah I thought is was a fantastic effort on the Mavs part. They are part of the Dallas sports representation and recognize that Romo has carved out a permanent niche in the notable circles for this area. Tony Romo will be remembered as the kid that wasn't drafted and went on to virtually own the Cowboys quarterback record book. I will not be surprised to see him honored into the ROH this upcoming season. Jones will not be outdone by Cuban.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I highly doubt the Cowboys are done honoring him.
Exactly.

It is not common for a team to honor a player as soon as they retire, so I'm not sure what Ravi was expecting.

I'm sure sometime this season there will be a Tony Romo day where they honor him at halftime or before a game.

But I guess Ravi just looks for any opportunity to get ahead of himself and make some kind of crazy statement these days.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.

It is not common for a team to honor a player as soon as they retire, so I'm not sure what Ravi was expecting.

I'm sure sometime this season there will be a Tony Romo day where they honor him at halftime or before a game.

But I guess Ravi just looks for any opportunity to get ahead of himself and make some kind of crazy statement these days.
Sort of hard to honor a player during the offseason. There isn't anything to honor him at.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
As mentioned, it's the NFL offseason while the NBA is still in full swing and Romo did play BB in HS. Cuban likely knew this and offered him this opportunity.

What are they supposed to do, honor him during OTAs, rookie camp or training camp?

Romo was Jerral's pet cat, you can be pretty sure there's something in the works for the home opener or just before. I would be surprised if there wasn't.

data

Forbes #1
Maybe Jerry will let Romo suit up for a game, take part in pre game warmups and get intro'd.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe Jerry will let Romo suit up for a game, take part in pre game warmups and get intro'd.
Hell, let him take the first snap in the game, too.

:tippytoe

townsend

Banned
He'll get a halftime speech and like it. Cowboys aren't like the mavs , they have a chance to make the playoffs.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
no need to honor him until he officially files his retirement papers

Top Bottom