Week 8 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-29-2017

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL that 4-4 vs 5-3 doesn't matter.

One, this team needs to win every game it possibly can. No idea why anyone would assume they have losses to play with. Two, they need to beat a good team, which they haven't done yet. Wins so far are over the terrible Giants, Cards, and Niners teams, plus a Skins team so decimated by injury they can barely field a functioning offense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
LOL that 4-4 vs 5-3 doesn't matter.
No one said that it doesn't matter. I was referring to it doesn't matter to "momentum." Obviously more wins are better than less.

One, this team needs to win every game it possibly can. No idea why anyone would assume they have losses to play with.
I'm questioning if you actually are reading what I wrote. Not saying they have losses "to play with."

I'm saying if you are assuming that we will lose again this season, probably more than once (and yeah, that's almost assuredly the correct assumption), then as a fan we would prefer those losses to be the AFC teams. KC seems like a prime example, as teams with losing records like LA and Oakland would be more ignominious to lose to.

No one implied that as a player you shouldn't be trying your hardest to win every week. In fact I stated that almost verbatim, I said this staff obviously focuses on "just try to play your best in this game, not look ahead," so I discounted that momentum was really that impactful on anyone's consciousness here.

data

Forbes #1
Chiefs again? I feel like I've seen them on SNF, TNF or MNF every week this season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

Jon Gruden does not look like he is headed to Tennessee. See, he is still doing MNF.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
[MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

Jon Gruden does not look like he is headed to Tennessee. See, he is still doing MNF.
Tennessee said it was a done deal for Gruden back when they ended up hiring Butch too :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Strange trade that it is so cut and dry. Second rounder. Done.

And the Patriots already traded away Brissett and they have no other QBs on their roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still can't believe the Broncos ass raped us earlier this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hill is just so fucking scary.

That kid is going to kill us next week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Denver looks like a bunch of bums out there and our D (with Lee) made them look like world beaters.

Trevor Siemian can't hit the fucking broad side of a barn.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Strange trade that it is so cut and dry. Second rounder. Done.

And the Patriots already traded away Brissett and they have no other QBs on their roster.
With Brady being 40, you'd think it would take more than a second to pry the heir apparent away.

Unless the Patriots aren't as sold on him as people think.

data

Forbes #1
With Brady being 40, you'd think it would take more than a second to pry the heir apparent away.

Unless the Patriots aren't as sold on him as people think.
Or Brady made the same deal Jerruh did for everlasting life. With it being the 49ers, this is going to be pick #33 or #34.

Genghis Khan

Denver looks like a bunch of bums out there and our D (with Lee) made them look like world beaters.

Trevor Siemian can't hit the fucking broad side of a barn.
Sturm was saying today that Siemian is like 1-7 in his last 8 road games.

Shame we caught them in Denver I guess. They really don't look like much on the road.

data

Forbes #1
That's a penalty these days? Okay.

Ultimate frisbee is starting to look tough.

Genghis Khan

Or Brady made the same deal Jerruh did for everlasting life. With it being the 49ers, this is going to be pick #33 or #34.
That's a good point.

The point about the draft position is good too.

data

Forbes #1
I'd almost prefer the QB past line of scrimmage rule to be two-hand touch. Multiple instances of defenders letting up on QBs and then QBs keep going for crucial additional yardage or QBs sliding too late and still getting crushed.

Top Bottom