Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Lions and Cowboys | 9-30-2018

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

complete and utter joke
Its Mayfield. I'm surprised he didnt flop.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

complete and utter joke
Wut?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

That little bastard is one helluva route runner.

It's a shame he's so small and lacks speed, or he could be a real weapon.

Still, the guy has made the most out of what he has and he definitely has a place in the NFL whether it's in Dallas or somewhere else.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

These are really interesting.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

These are really interesting.
In what way?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
All of the runs are up the gut and his productivity doesn't favor one side over the other.
I don't think all of them are up the gut. What do other elite backs' charts look like? Does he run up the middle more than them?

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think all of them are up the gut. What do other elite backs' charts look like? Does he run up the middle more than them?
Up the gut being between the tackles, and I don't know about other RBs. It just struck me as interesting that 90% of the runs are between the tackles, with some off tackle sprinkled in.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Up the gut being between the tackles, and I don't know about other RBs. It just struck me as interesting that 90% of the runs are between the tackles, with some off tackle sprinkled in.
Against the Lions this was definitely true. And when it works as well as it did I have no complaints. They weren't all the same run either. We ran all different kinds of inside runs from counters, to zone runs to regular double teams.

For as much as I make fun of our shitty game plan in the passing game I think the coaches are actually capable of putting together a pretty good game plan on the ground.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't help but watch this play and notice how sad and pathetic Jarwin is. Why even have him on the field? The guy literally fools no one with his route. He is blanketed easily the whole time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't help but watch this play and notice how sad and pathetic Jarwin is. Why even have him on the field? The guy literally fools no one with his route. He is blanketed easily the whole time.
Mainly because maybe he knows the play, unlike Gathers. That is what we are reduced to right now. I don't see why they have Schultz buried as an inactive and Jarwin ahead of him.

This is absolutely the worst TE group we have ever had in my forty plus years as a fan.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The LBer literally ran his route for him. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Mainly because maybe he knows the play, unlike Gathers. That is what we are reduced to right now. I don't see why they have Schultz buried as an inactive and Jarwin ahead of him.

This is absolutely the worst TE group we have ever had in my forty plus years as a fan.
Easily.

Hell, I'd be thrilled with an Eric Bjornson right about now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The LBer literally ran his route for him. :lol
I mean he is a total waste of space out there. He can only get open when there is misdirection and no one covers him. This is why I want to draft a TE so bad. Even an average TE athletically could do better than that.

This isn't me trumping for Rico. Although at this point I'm down for giving anyone a try. Or hey, when you have shotgun maybe go with 4 WRs instead of leaving a useless TE out there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean he is a total waste of space out there. He can only get open when there is misdirection and no one covers him. This is why I want to draft a TE so bad. Even an average TE athletically could do better than that.

This isn't me trumping for Rico. Although at this point I'm down for giving anyone a try. Or hey, when you have shotgun maybe go with 4 WRs instead of leaving a useless TE out there.
Gathers is a POS too.

The dude has the vertical of a fat fuck.

He doesn't know plays. He does not know what the fuck he is doing.

He saw ten snaps yesterday. The only reason he had those ten is that our WR/TE group is trash.

He can't play.

Top Bottom