Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Lions and Cowboys | 9-30-2018

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Getting away from the offense for a bit, the defense still looked generally solid but the two breakdowns in the secondary were clearly back breakers. I guess we know now why Jourdan Lewis isn't playing more although Anthony Brown was arguably our worst defensive player so there's that.

Awuzie gave up some catches but he was in perfect position and the WR's made some ridiculous plays to come down with the ball in microscopic windows. Not especially worried about him but our safeties are not good enough to cover up for these idiotic busts/missed tackles, at least not until we sign Thomas for 4/35 in about 6 months.

LVE continues to look very good, for a rookie at least. LB can be a difficult spot for rookies to come in and play large snaps and he's been steady in the middle. Still a little slow to diagnose and he could be stronger at the POA but he's going to be good for a long time given that he's just 21 right now.

And I think any concerns over giving Lawrence an extension have to be gone now, no?

Some will always worry about the suspensions from 2-3 years ago but the team really doesn't have a choice but to give him ~18 a year at this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Really wish I could have seen today's game. it's been a while since I've got to see our offense play really well.

Hopefully, they can keep it up and I'll get to see it during the next televised game in my area.
They didn't exactly play "really well."

They played ok. It would have been in the medium-well range compared to the first 8 games of last year, probably. Zeke went off. Receivers sucked. Dak was fine. Compared to his last 11 games, it was a revelation. That was Dak of 2016, early 2017 there.

Which simply returns me to "He's ok but not elite," rather than "must be replaced."

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They didn't exactly play "really well."

They played ok. It would have been in the medium-well range compared to the first 8 games of last year, probably. Zeke went off. Receivers sucked. Dak was fine. Compared to his last 11 games, it was a revelation. That was Dak of 2016, early 2017 there.

Which simply returns me to "He's ok but not elite," rather than "must be replaced."
:lol

It really pains you to give Dak any kind of credit doesn't it?

But I get it. This is basically how we've treated your BFF Garrett. So have it. I just found it funny that you refuse to enjoy one week of positive play from Dak.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Truth or pedaling your agendas?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I didn't magically take a disliking to Dak for some personal reason. He hasn't been as good as I'd prefer a starting QB to be. That becomes an "agenda," only when others develop the opposite preference and thus have their own agendas.

Dak was fine yesterday, but he's still not Jared Goff. He's still not Tony Romo. The rating was great, but yeah, just proof that rating isn't everything. He struggled for parts of the game again, and we settled for too many FGs as drives stalled out without TDs. It wasn't some masterful All Pro performance where he dissected the defense at will.

The funny thing is, I'm saying he was ok. That's only some sort of insult to the people who want to elevate him into something he's not. What he is, is a decent bus-driving QB (when he's on -- when he's not, he's been bad). But he's simply not one of the best QBs in the league.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Getting away from the offense for a bit, the defense still looked generally solid but the two breakdowns in the secondary were clearly back breakers. I guess we know now why Jourdan Lewis isn't playing more although Anthony Brown was arguably our worst defensive player so there's that.

Awuzie gave up some catches but he was in perfect position and the WR's made some ridiculous plays to come down with the ball in microscopic windows. Not especially worried about him but our safeties are not good enough to cover up for these idiotic busts/missed tackles, at least not until we sign Thomas for 4/35 in about 6 months.

LVE continues to look very good, for a rookie at least. LB can be a difficult spot for rookies to come in and play large snaps and he's been steady in the middle. Still a little slow to diagnose and he could be stronger at the POA but he's going to be good for a long time given that he's just 21 right now.

And I think any concerns over giving Lawrence an extension have to be gone now, no?

Some will always worry about the suspensions from 2-3 years ago but the team really doesn't have a choice but to give him ~18 a year at this point.
Did you see Richard ripping into the secondary after the Brown gaffe? I don't know why, maybe because its to anti-Garrett, but I love seeing his passion on display.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like Richard, but if I'm moving on from Garrett, I'm probably cleaning house.

Continuity has been the selling point; if that's no longer on the table, I want a clean slate. Completely fresh. Massive personnel overhaul as well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I like Richard, but if I'm moving on from Garrett, I'm probably cleaning house.

Continuity has been the selling point; if that's no longer on the table, I want a clean slate. Completely fresh. Massive personnel overhaul as well.
If you're moving on from Garrett, unless you hire Richard as head coach, then whomever is hired will probably want his own people.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you're moving on from Garrett, unless you hire Richard as head coach, then whomever is hired will probably want his own people.
Are you trying to make Jerry laugh?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Did you see Richard ripping into the secondary after the Brown gaffe? I don't know why, maybe because its to anti-Garrett, but I love seeing his passion on display.
Yea that's nice although it needs to translate into production.

Frazier busted a coverage that gave up a big TD just last week and then it happened again here with Brown. The Lewis play wasn't a busted coverage but it was obviously a very poor play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

It really pains you to give Dak any kind of credit doesn't it?

But I get it. This is basically how we've treated your BFF Garrett. So have it. I just found it funny that you refuse to enjoy one week of positive play from Dak.
No doubt. Dak had a very good game. You take away the drops and it looks even better.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yea that's nice although it needs to translate into production.

Frazier busted a coverage that gave up a big TD just last week and then it happened again here with Brown. The Lewis play wasn't a busted coverage but it was obviously a very poor play.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

Staff member
Outside of running it down to the endzone and handing it to him, I'm not sure how you place that ball any better.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

This was beautiful.

Cotton