Week 15 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Raiders | 12-17-2017

data

Forbes #1
Had a weird deduction on my paycheck a couple days ago. Being that it's Monday, first day of the work week, I submitted a ticket for review. However, with it being so close to fiscal year end and people en masse going on vacation shortly, I decided to take the elevator and address this concern in person.

I meet Bucky from Payroll and we talk about my issue. He asks for email verification of an account setting change he just sent and I pull out my cell phone. He sees my Landry fedora decal on the back of my phone and asks if I'm a Cowboys fan. Took me by surprise as its rarely recognized, only by the truest of true Cowboys fans. I proudly say I am and Bucky further shocks me by saying he's a Jaguars fan.

Says that he's thrilled by the play of his team late and I mention that they just clinched the playoffs, first time since 2007. Wasn't sure if he was aware of that fact as Bucky had a split second pause. Recovering, he says that he's confident the Jaguars can beat any NFC team in the Super Bowl except the Cowboys.

I chortled and said there's a long way to go before Super Bowl talk. His co-worker, apparently listening to our non-payroll conversation, giggled. I came to know her name is Betsy. To save an awkward situation, I quickly offered Bucky a deal. If the Jaguars play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, win or lose, I'll buy him a shrimp burrito from my favorite taqueria.

Bucky, who says he's new to the area, hasn't explored much and didn't know of many good eateries. He appreciated the deal and we shook on it.

I sent him a lunchtime calendar invite for Monday, Feb 5th. He instantly accepted. Set in stone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Had a weird deduction on my paycheck a couple days ago. Being that it's Monday, first day of the work week, I submitted a ticket for review. However, with it being so close to fiscal year end and people en masse going on vacation shortly, I decided to take the elevator and address this concern in person.

I meet Bucky from Payroll and we talk about my issue. He asks for email verification of an account setting change he just sent and I pull out my cell phone. He sees my Landry fedora decal on the back of my phone and asks if I'm a Cowboys fan. Took me by surprise as its rarely recognized, only by the truest of true Cowboys fans. I proudly say I am and Bucky further shocks me by saying he's a Jaguars fan.

Says that he's thrilled by the play of his team late and I mention that they just clinched the playoffs, first time since 2007. Wasn't sure if he was aware of that fact as Bucky had a split second pause. Recovering, he says that he's confident the Jaguars can beat any NFC team in the Super Bowl except the Cowboys.

I chortled and said there's a long way to go before Super Bowl talk. His co-worker, apparently listening to our non-payroll conversation, giggled. I came to know her name is Betsy. To save an awkward situation, I quickly offered Bucky a deal. If the Jaguars play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, win or lose, I'll buy him a shrimp burrito from my favorite taqueria.

Bucky, who says he's new to the area, hasn't explored much and didn't know of many good eateries. He appreciated the deal and we shook on it.

I sent him a lunchtime calendar invite for Monday, Feb 5th. He instantly accepted. Set in stone.
Fake Hostile story FAIL.

data

Forbes #1
Useless fact of the day. Since 1991, only 3 postseasons without either the Cowboys or Packers.

data

Forbes #1
See what OJ Howard did? Could you picture Witten ever doing that again?

7-7
Kind of unfair comparison, though. OJ drafted way before us at #19 and even if we had the #19 pick (instead of Taco's #28) this year, would you have selected him?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kind of unfair comparison, though. OJ drafted way before us at #19 and even if we had the #19 pick (instead of Taco's #28) this year, would you have selected him?
Oh no, not at all. I just get jealous when I see other teams TEs taking easy passes and getting a bunch of YAC.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Tampa came to play. I give them credit. The Falcons can't tackle for shit.

data

Forbes #1
Tampa Bay's given up two 3rd &1s on this drive. Hope the defense can hold up.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

Announcers laughing at the tubby mic holder getting knocked down and rolling around.

Top Bottom