Week 15 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Raiders | 12-17-2017

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
That's sort of how I take Ace's position. That he is literally pissed that we won games. That he not only wants us to lose but that he wants us to lose in embarrassing fashion.
But not forever, just temporarily. Short term pain for long term gain.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Ace feels like he's painted himself into a corner. I don't believe for a second he's rooting against the Cowboys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Ace feels like he's painted himself into a corner. I don't believe for a second he's rooting against the Cowboys.
I don't really either. I just think he defended that position so hard earlier in the year that it's hard to reverse it now. Plus it's easy to pretend like you want a loss. Then there is no letdown when the loss comes. It's a way to protect ones own emotions.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is actually a really pretty throw and shows how stupid people are who claim Dak can't throw the ball deep. This ball is placed in the absolutely perfect spot for the WR and it hits him right in stride. It's a shame we have WR's who continually let us down.

The ball is literally placed perfectly over the corner and outside of the safety. But Dak gets no credit for it because Williams shanked it.
Every NFL QB is capable of throwing the ball deep given a clean enough pocket/throwing lane.

The thing that matters most is consistently being able to create big plays (25+ yards). I don't care if that's a deep out that travels 40' yards in the air or a well placed shorter pass that gets an equal amount of YAC.

I credit the QB much more when he creates the play as opposed to just finding it.

Anyone who thinks Dak can't throw deep doesn't understand NFL QB'ing. My biggest concern with Dak is his lack of productivity creating big plays. It's annoying and it's also very unfair to a young player. But that's the scrutiny he gets when Cowboys bench Tony Romo in favor of him. To replace Romo, you have to replace everything he did. Dak didn't and still hasn't.

He's still brought some things Romo couldn't do, but those things are not as important as passing the football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But not forever, just temporarily. Short term pain for long term gain.
But it's possible that you could be taking short term pain, with no long term gain. In fact at this point it's nearly 100% likely that you'd take the pain with no long term gain.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't care if that's a deep out that travels 40' yards in the air or a well placed shorter pass that gets an equal amount of YAC.
Well that's simply silly. Anybody can throw a short pass and let their receiver take it 80 yards. It doesn't make that a more talented pass than a QB throwing the ball the way Dak did in the video I referenced. If Dak actually had some speed at WR he might be able to get some of those short passes that go the distance. But we have no play makers on offense capable of that sort of thing. Well except Zeke and the occasional freak play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is actually a really pretty throw and shows how stupid people are who claim Dak can't throw the ball deep. This ball is placed in the absolutely perfect spot for the WR and it hits him right in stride. It's a shame we have WR's who continually let us down.

The ball is literally placed perfectly over the corner and outside of the safety. But Dak gets no credit for it because Williams shanked it.
Yeah, he and I both were being sarcastic.

Cotton

Staff member
Every NFL QB is capable of throwing the ball deep given a clean enough pocket/throwing lane.

The thing that matters most is consistently being able to create big plays (25+ yards). I don't care if that's a deep out that travels 40' yards in the air or a well placed shorter pass that gets an equal amount of YAC.

I credit the QB much more when he creates the play as opposed to just finding it.

Anyone who thinks Dak can't throw deep doesn't understand NFL QB'ing. My biggest concern with Dak is his lack of productivity creating big plays. It's annoying and it's also very unfair to a young player. But that's the scrutiny he gets when Cowboys bench Tony Romo in favor of him. To replace Romo, you have to replace everything he did. Dak didn't and still hasn't.

He's still brought some things Romo couldn't do, but those things are not as important as passing the football.
Well, a lot of that is on the playcalling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he and I both were being sarcastic.
No I knew you were. I didn't really appreciate the ball placement on it last night though. I thought he just got lucky and it made it's way through to clank off Williams hands mostly by luck into double coverage. But there was actually a very high level of skill on that throw after watching the replay.

Cotton

Staff member
No I knew you were. I didn't really appreciate the ball placement on it last night though. I thought he just got lucky and it made it's way through to clank off Williams hands mostly by luck into double coverage. But there was actually a very high level of skill on that throw after watching the replay.
I think some fans underestimate just how good he is. He has had his bumps, but he is damn talented throwing the ball, at all ranges. He has a gun. Sometimes I wonder if he throws it too hard, causing the drops, but sometimes a QB has to, to get it through a tight window.

vince

Not So New Member
I think some fans underestimate just how good he is. He has had his bumps, but he is damn talented throwing the ball, at all ranges. He has a gun. Sometimes I wonder if he throws it too hard, causing the drops, but sometimes a QB has to, to get it through a tight window.
I thought this yesterday. It's part of getting the chemistry down I suppose.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I kind of think Dak underthrew that ball a little. It looked like Williams had to slow down for it. A lot of times that's fine, but with so much coverage it's asking for trouble.

Also, because of the coverage, I'm convinced he should have thrown that at all.

data

Forbes #1
What in the royal fuck?

Steve Young says Jesse James' (Steelers) play last night was a catch because he definitively caught the ball and made a football move to score a TD....but says Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant were not catches because they hadn't definitively shown possession of the ball before they hit the ground.

You fuckin idiot.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Takk McKinley and his grandmama drama seems forced.

I am happy they replayed his draft day stuff, though. That shit show was gold.

Top Bottom