Week 12 Turkey Day Chatter | Chargers @ Cowboys | 11-23-2017

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was great with Romo. Romo knew how to get the best out of him. Dak doesn't. I think we're finally realizing what a phenom Romo really is now that he's gone. How much he had to overcome. Fucking amazing. Remember he had a center who was so ADHD he would hike the ball over his head half the time? Amazing...
Wait, are you trying to steer this into a Romo mourning discussion?

Please don't.

The dude is already getting put up on Cowboys Rushmore and he doesn't even register on the fucking radar in terms of career achievements.

Danny White could clown him in terms of scoreboard achievements.

Romo is a sad tragic relic of a failed generational fail of Jerry Jones. He was the best performer in a sideshow.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well, this has looked like two average teams battling for the mediocrity crown.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, this has looked like two average teams battling for the mediocrity crown.
At least they are trying.

Put Dallas in the same situation against either of these two try hard teams, they lose.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hopkins is a real WR1.

He is getting it done.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Suggs poses when nothing has been done behind him.

I guess it works.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Please don't.

The dude is already getting put up on Cowboys Rushmore and he doesn't even register on the fucking radar in terms of career achievements.

Romo is a sad tragic relic of a failed generational fail of Jerry Jones. He was the best performer in a sideshow.
I think that you're minimizing what an excellent QB he was. He was a great player who kept us relevant for the better part of decade but was let down by his GM and his coach (and ultimately his health).

midswat

... soon
I think that you're minimizing what an excellent QB he was. He was a great player who kept us relevant for the better part of decade but was let down by his GM and his coach (and ultimately his health).
Agree. I believe wholeheartedly that Romo has a Super Bowl ring or two had he played on a competent team. Had he chose Denver instead of Dallas as an UDFA, I say he has a ring.

But his not having a ring is also kind of his own fault, because he held a lot of power and influence in Dallas and I actually think he could've gotten Garrett ousted if he wanted to. Instead he defended the guy and vouched for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then you have people like Hasselbeck on the pregame saying that the reason he sucks is because people are criticizing him too much and that "hurts people's feelings".
JFC, are you serious?

Cotton

Staff member

Please don't.

Romo carried this team, asshole. That much is very obvious now. Those 3 straight 8-8 seasons would have been a Campo 5-11 streak had it not been for Romo.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Romo carried this team, asshole. That much is very obvious now. Those 3 straight 8-8 seasons would have been a Campo 5-11 streak had it not been for Romo.
So his WAR is 3.0?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
O'Brien has had mediocre results ala Garrett, but the dude has had a shit ton of adversity, way more than Red Pube and he is still competitive.

That is the difference between a good coach and a bad coach.
I'm not crazy about O'Brien, but he is infinitely a better coach than Garrett as evidenced by the multiple seasons in which he has still won the division and made his teams compete despite having one of the worst QB carousels in the league throughout most of his tenure there.

His situational awareness also sucks like Garrett, and his personnel decisions aren't all that great either, but as far as knowing how to manage a football team and preparing them, along with how he adapts his gameplans to his opponents, he is miles better than Garret could ever hope to be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And that is another indictment on Garrett's coaching -- 3 consecutive season finales where the division was on the line and you couldn't win ONE of them?

What a shit coach he is.

Cotton

Staff member
And that is another indictment on Garrett's coaching -- 3 consecutive season finales where the division was on the line and you couldn't win ONE of them?

What a shit coach he is.
Pretty much.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agree. I believe wholeheartedly that Romo has a Super Bowl ring or two had he played on a competent team. Had he chose Denver instead of Dallas as an UDFA, I say he has a ring.

But his not having a ring is also kind of his own fault, because he held a lot of power and influence in Dallas and I actually think he could've gotten Garrett ousted if he wanted to. Instead he defended the guy and vouched for him.
That's how I feel about Witten as well.

I love the bastard, but if he campaigned to the Jones family about certain things he wasn't happy, I think he could get some things done.

I'm not saying that Jerry would give up the GM title and perform a complete 180, but I do think he carries enough weight to have forced some changes in how things are.

But both Romo and Witten are too loyal to both the Jones family and to Garrett that I don't think they see them as a problem.

It's a can't-see-the-forest-for-the-trees type of thing with them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gruden just said spider 2 wide banana.

I bet Middie just jerked off to it just now.
Speaking of Gruden... Peter King on his weekly Ticket show this morning said he doubted Garrett would be fired, but one wild card is that he knows Jerry has always had a fascination with Jon Gruden.

I about jerked it to that.

Top Bottom