Week 11 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-18-2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rams are attacking Orlando Scandrick without mercy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I figured our resident fightin' Mahomes fans would be all over this game.

I guess not. Must be depressed from Saturday's embarassment.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Did you watch any preseason games?
Yeah, and I've watched lots of games this year and the bus driver ain't hittin on shit.

The defense is going to be primed up and ready for a playoff push, I firmly believe that. Chido is only gonna be picked on for so long before he starts making a play on the ball and then it's over.

But this offense lacks the ability to take the back end away from the opposing defenses.

There's surely a great reason Dak can't connect downfield, maybe they're sandbagging or something for the playoffs...right?

With an elite RB and WR, we should expect so much more off this offense but instead we're happy that he's got a great QBR.

I just wonder what the hell they're practicing during the week. No doubt some situational awareness, but Dak should be throwing to these guys nonstop. And if that were the case I'd expect a better showing during the games. It just seems like he's not putting in the effort to better himself, despite the coaching shortcomings.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The pass protection has been outstanding for the Rams so far. The Chiefs are going to have to start dialing up some blitzes.

1bigfan13

Staff member
KC has been sloppy as hell tonight. They came out of the gates slow against the Patriots as well so it could be a case of big game jitters for this 2018 squad.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dak’s problem isn’t reps and timing with his WRs, it’s that his mental clock is slow and he can’t read defenses at a high level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching the Rams play calls on offense it's hard to believe we even play the same sport. Both teams are just so agressive. They aren't afraid to spread you put and miss some throws. They know eventually they will hit some big plays. Just polar opposites of the Cowboys offensive philosophy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When is Tavon Austin back? I’d be interested to see him in the offense now that Cooper is here.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Dak’s problem isn’t reps and timing with his WRs, it’s that his mental clock is slow and he can’t read defenses at a high level.
I agree with this. I think I've mentioned before that it appears that he processes information too slowly, which is a no no in the NFL because passing windows open and close very quickly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Watching the Rams play calls on offense it's hard to believe we even play the same sport. Both teams are just so agressive. They aren't afraid to spread you put and miss some throws. They know eventually they will hit some big plays. Just polar opposites of the Cowboys offensive philosophy.
The Cowboys run a lot of spread as well from what I've observed. Unfortunately Dak is too hesitant to take shots downfield. Feels like most games he only attempts 5 or fewer passes that travel beyond 15 yards from the LOS.

Garrett’s playbook is a post it note with three plays and one “special” play which is going for it on 4th or a tricky jet sweep with Jordan Lewis or a slow tight end.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chiefs need to get a score here. The Rams are threatening to run away with this and hide.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Garrett’s playbook is a post it note with three plays and one “special” play which is going for it on 4th or a tricky jet sweep with Jordan Lewis or a slow tight end.
When have we run a jet sweep with a TE? That was Austin until he go hurt, then Lewis.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wonder how much of his philosophy of having limited playbook is the result of being on those 1990s Cowboys teams. Former players from those teams often share stories about how they had a very simple playbook and simply out-executed their opponents.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cowboys run a lot of spread as well from what I've observed. Unfortunately Dak is too hesitant to take shots downfield. Feels like most games he only attempts 5 or fewer passes that travel beyond 15 yards from the LOS.
I don't know how you could see our spread and think it looks anything like what these teams are doing. We run a slowed down spread with very limited routes. These guys have route combinations we haven't even dreamed of running.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm a fan of this new Papa Johns southern BBQ meats pizza.

Top Bottom