Week 11 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-18-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Dak hate is great with these fools.
I mean there is nothing wrong with criticizing bad plays. But I don't get the hate on really good plays. It's like people are so stuck in their opinion that no matter what he does it must be terrible. I can admit the man slept walked through the first half of the game. He wasn't good. But he took the game over with it on the line and won. The man deserves credit for that. He made some big time plays.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ratings in the 90s were about 5-10 points lower in general. Passing was harder with fewer rules limiting defenses. Sorry, you can't honestly believe Dak is as good as McNabb. McNabb was far more athletic and a better passer to boot.

McNabb's resume:
6× Pro Bowl (2000–2004, 2009)
Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Fame
3× Big East Offensive Player of the Year (1996–1998)
Big East Rookie of the Year (1995)
Big East Offensive Player of the Decade[2] (1990s)

TD–INT: 234–117
Passing yards: 37,276
Passer rating: 85.6
Completion percentage: 59.0
Rushing yards: 3,459
Rushing touchdowns: 29
Outside of the pro bowls you are posting his college stats to prove a point? Take a lap.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I mean there is nothing wrong with criticizing bad plays. But I don't get the hate on really good plays. It's like people are so stuck in their opinion that no matter what he does it must be terrible. I can admit the man slept walked through the first half of the game. He wasn't good. But he took the game over with it on the line and won. The man deserves credit for that. He made some big time plays.
No, he just sucks at all times. Deal with it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hate Philly as much as any Dallas fan but even I had to turn that carnage off. They're looking like one of the worst defending SB champs that I can remember.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate Philly as much as any Dallas fan but even I had to turn that carnage off. They're looking like one of the worst defending SB champs that I can remember.
Carson Wentz wasn't even capable of posting some garbage time stats.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

abysmal, even for him. acquiring Cooper only makes sense if you have someone elite throwing him the ball.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

abysmal, even for him. acquiring Cooper only makes sense if you have someone elite throwing him the ball.
And this is why people aren't quick to get all giddy because he makes a few decent plays in a game.

You cannot and will not win consistently at the NFL level, especially as you get into January, if 200 yards is the most you can hope for on a weekly basis and you can't complete a single pass over 10 yards in a game.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp for those who want to support Dak.

the members of this forum might have differing opinions but I think the vast majority of us have a solid understanding of the game of football, so I know that they know this sort of play from the quarterback position will never be good enough to win big.

That's not up for debate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Technically two of those passes were past 10 yards...:tippytoe

But yes, we couldn't complete anything down the field in this game. The DBs got away with a lot though.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
And this is why people aren't quick to get all giddy because he makes a few decent plays in a game.

You cannot and will not win consistently at the NFL level, especially as you get into January, if 200 yards is the most you can hope for on a weekly basis and you can't complete a single pass over 10 yards in a game.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp for those who want to support Dak.

the members of this forum might have differing opinions but I think the vast majority of us have a solid understanding of the game of football, so I know that they know this sort of play from the quarterback position will never be good enough to win big.

That's not up for debate.
gsm

p1_

DCC 4Life
that loss was historic in terms of a loss by a SB champ the season following their victory.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Technically two of those passes were past 10 yards...:tippytoe

But yes, we couldn't complete anything down the field in this game. The DBs got away with a lot though.
To get real technical, seven went beyond ten yards the problem is only two were actually completed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To get real technical, seven went beyond ten yards the problem is only two were actually completed.
Dak doesnt seem very good with the deep ball. I cant tell you how many times hes missed, say, in the last 2 games, for instance. Theyve take a few shots, but they consistently miss them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak doesnt seem very good with the deep ball. I cant tell you how many times hes missed, say, in the last 2 games, for instance. Theyve take a few shots, but they consistently miss them.
I think we try so few it's hard to tell. I know earlier in the year he actually completed a pretty high percentage of them comparatively. But when you attempt so few you may miss the only 2 attempts you even try. The last few games he has been off on the deep ball it seems.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Did yall see the gruesome Theismann like injury to Alex Smith? It was bad.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I wonder if Minnesota has buyer's remorse over Kirk Cousins?

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom