Week 11 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-18-2018

p1_

DCC 4Life
Props to Columbo, he has this team running the ball great again. It's hard to believe an o-line coach can make that much difference but it's definitely nice.
not to mention Frederick is involved with the line too.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Get ball out faster. He had Swaim wide open to his left and he wouldn't have had to throw across his body. Whatever, he is clutch I agree. If best when under pressure.

However, he's not a Pro Bowl caliber player in his third year. He won't improve much unless they get serious about getting a QB coach. He's gonna be our QB this year and next year. But we need better production at that position. It's holding back what is otherwise a damn fine team. If everyone was healthy our only real holes are at safety and TE (well and QB).
Not gonna argue with this either. It a damn travesty that our “QB coach” was competing with Dak a few years ago for Romo’s Backup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't go there. They are both running QBs with limited passing skills. The comparison is fair. What other Cowboys QB would you compare him to? Staubach? Aikman? White? Romo? pfffttt
Not sure but Dak isn't a 70 QB rating QB who can't read a defense to save his life. It's a lazy and retarded comparison. Steve McNair would actually be a better comparison.

Dak isn't even built like Quincy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Not sure but Dak isn't a 70 QB rating QB who can't read a defense to save his life. It's a lazy and retarded comparison. Steve McNair would actually be a better comparison.

McNair didn't play for the Cowboys. You can argue the comparison, personally I think it's close but a little unfair to Dak. I just don't think it's a racist comparison. Is it racist to say Awuzie is the next Brandon Carr?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McNair didn't play for the Cowboys. You can argue the comparison, personally I think it's close but a little unfair to Dak. I just don't think it's a racist comparison. Is it racist to say Awuzie is the next Brandon Carr?
Quincy Carter is just the easy choice as he was a pathetic QB. The guy had one winning season in his career and the season came with a QB rating of 71. Quincy couldn't even complete 60% of his passes ever. It's just a bad comparison. It's not my fault that Dallas has never had a QB like Dak before. McNabb and McNair are better comparisons to me. I don't think either of those guys was really that good of a passer. And honestly I wasn't a big fan of either. But build, throwing ability and running ability are all pretty similar.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Go stand in the corner. Right now!

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Quincy Carter is just the easy choice as he was a pathetic QB. The guy had one winning season in his career and the season came with a QB rating of 71. Quincy couldn't even complete 60% of his passes ever. It's just a bad comparison. It's not my fault that Dallas has never had a QB like Dak before. McNabb and McNair are better comparisons to me. I don't think either of those guys was really that good of a passer. And honestly I wasn't a big fan of either. But build, throwing ability and running ability are all pretty similar.
McNabb was an excellent player. He rarely had good receivers. When we did, he was a Pro Bowler. Sorry, but Dak couldn't hold McNabb's jock. Very cerebral player who was often hamstrung.

McNAir is probably a fair comparison but McNair was probably a more spectacular but also looser with the ball.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Jesus they are reducing that Eagles player's dislocated elbow on the sideline. Holy hell fb players are tough. I have to put people to sleep to do that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McNabb was an excellent player. He rarely had good receivers. When we did, he was a Pro Bowler. Sorry, but Dak couldn't hold McNabb's jock. Very cerebral player who was often hamstrung.

McNAir is probably a fair comparison but McNair was probably a more spectacular but also looser with the ball.
McNabb had way better coaching and was an erratic passer. His QB rating most years is pretty spot on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus they are reducing that Eagles player's dislocated elbow on the sideline. Holy hell fb players are tough. I have to put people to sleep to do that.
Yeah that's a brutal injury for an Olineman especially

lostxn

DCC 4Life
McNabb had way better coaching and was an erratic passer. His QB rating most years is pretty spot on.
Ratings in the 90s were about 5-10 points lower in general. Passing was harder with fewer rules limiting defenses. Sorry, you can't honestly believe Dak is as good as McNabb. McNabb was far more athletic and a better passer to boot.

McNabb's resume:
6× Pro Bowl (2000–2004, 2009)
Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Fame
3× Big East Offensive Player of the Year (1996–1998)
Big East Rookie of the Year (1995)
Big East Offensive Player of the Decade[2] (1990s)

TD–INT: 234–117
Passing yards: 37,276
Passer rating: 85.6
Completion percentage: 59.0
Rushing yards: 3,459
Rushing touchdowns: 29

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he wouldn't trade Dak Prescott for two first-round draft picks

Jerry Jones won't stop talking about it.

The Cowboys owner doubled down on Dak Prescott as the team's quarterback of the future following the Monday Night Football loss to Tennessee earlier this month, saying the 2016 fourth-round pick would be getting a contract extension.

He basically tripled down Sunday before the game against Atlanta, saying the following to Clarence Hill of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram:

"When I say man, he's our future. I don't know how we could ask for more, to have this opportunity for him to progress the way he has," Jones said. "If someone walked in here right now and looked like they were going to get the No. 1 pick in the draft and said we'll give you two picks for Dak. I wouldn't even consider it. No."

And remember, Dallas gave away its 2019 first-rounder to acquire wide receiver Amari Cooper.

The Cowboys can begin negotiating with Prescott on a long-term extension after the season. But they don't have to sign him to a new deal until his rookie contract is up after 2019.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ratings in the 90s were about 5-10 points lower in general. Passing was harder with fewer rules limiting defenses. Sorry, you can't honestly believe Dak is as good as McNabb. McNabb was far more athletic and a better passer to boot.

McNabb's resume:
6× Pro Bowl (2000–2004, 2009)
Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Fame
3× Big East Offensive Player of the Year (1996–1998)
Big East Rookie of the Year (1995)
Big East Offensive Player of the Decade[2] (1990s)

TD–INT: 234–117
Passing yards: 37,276
Passer rating: 85.6
Completion percentage: 59.0
Rushing yards: 3,459
Rushing touchdowns: 29
Dak has better rating, completion percentage and so on. Which I grant you should be higher in today's NFL.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is his third year. He is what he is. Not good enough. Below average QB. Love him personally. Would love to have a beer with him but his ability to throw the ball is too limited and his mobility isn't enough to compensate.

If Romo was the QB this year and healthy we would be 8-2, Dez would still be on the team and we would still have a first round pick.
I'm not going to sit up here and defend Dak because he is what his is, which is a very limited QB.

But for the love of God can we please stop with all the revisionist Romo history. Some of you guys act as if he were God's gift to the QB position. He was a very good QB but he made a lot of mistakes in crucial situations as well. There are plenty of "WTF" moments in Romo's career.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm not going to sit up here and defend Dak because he is what his is, which is a very limited QB.

But for the love of God can we please stop with all the revisionist Romo history. Some of you guys act as if he were God's gift to the QB position. He was a very good QB but he made a lot of mistakes in crucial situations as well. There are plenty of "WTF" moments in Romo's career.
Early that is true. However, in his last few years he was really, really good. He tilted the field as they say.

Pass attempts: 4,335
Pass completions: 2,829
Completion percentage: 65.3
TD–INT: 248–117
Passing yards: 34,183
Passer rating: 97.1

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In other news, Carson Wentz is kind of sucking.
Yeah just ugly. Holding the ball too long, making bad decisions. The East is such a shit pile this year. We could win it but no way we can hang with the Saints or Rams in the playoffs.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah just ugly. Holding the ball too long, making bad decisions. The East is such a shit pile this year. We could win it but no way we can hang with the Saints or Rams in the playoffs.
Nope and that's likely who we would play if we limp into the playoffs. Actually we have an asskicking coming pretty soon at the hands of the Saints. I'll be at that game with my buddy the Saints fan.

Top Bottom