Week 11 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-18-2018

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I mean the game winning drive was all Dak. That throw to Beasley fading away was pretty clutch. I just wish he would play aggressive like that all game long instead of waiting until the last 2 minutes.
He threw a duck behind a wide open receiver. Could have been a 30 yard play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Props to Columbo, he has this team running the ball great again. It's hard to believe an o-line coach can make that much difference but it's definitely nice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was a shitty pass that Beasley adjust to. Let's not pretend it was more than that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you talking about the throw to Gallup? I think it was intentionally underthrown, looked like a backshoulder play to me. The DB just threw his hands up and ran through the receiver. The DB even knew he committed PI, it's why he threw his hands in the air pretending like he didn't do anything wrong.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a shitty pass that Beasley adjust to. Let's not pretend it was more than that.
:lol

Fading away with pressure in his face. Fuck him for completing the big pass play for a first down to win the game.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Are you talking about the throw to Gallup? I think it was intentionally underthrown, looked like a backshoulder play to me. The DB just threw his hands up and ran through the receiver. The DB even knew he committed PI, it's why he threw his hands in the air pretending like he didn't do anything wrong.
Talking about the throw to Beasley. Should have come out sooner, been a spiral and hit the receiver in stride. You're talking about a 25 foot throw in the middle of the field. That is easy as hell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Talking about the throw to Beasley. Should have come out sooner, been a spiral and hit the receiver in stride. You're talking about a 25 foot throw in the middle of the field. That is easy as hell.
You all are overly harsh. The guy makes a great play and wins the game.

To be fair Dak wasn't very good most of the day but he made some big boy throws in the second half. Meanwhile I watch Cam Newton miss a wide open receiver to take the lead.

kidd

DCC 4Life
This is his third year. He is what he is. Not good enough. Below average QB. Love him personally. Would love to have a beer with him but his ability to throw the ball is too limited and his mobility isn't enough to compensate.

If Romo was the QB this year and healthy we would be 8-2, Dez would still be on the team and we would still have a first round pick.
Can’t argue with this but it does no good to pine away for Romo no matter how big a man crush I have on the guy.

Dak is what he is. All we can do is hope he gets better or we luck into another franchise QB down the road.

As long as he’s not throwing costly ints or fumbling on his own 4, I’m not gonna be too hard on him

Would I like better? Sure but with this brain trust running the team, I’m not holding my breath.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not for Quincy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure this has been said but fuck Lance Lenoir.
I'm still baffled why that fucking turd is on the roster. He isn't a good receiver. Fuck he is behind Noah goddamn Brown on the depth chart. He has no potential, he is slow as shit. So why is Lance on the team? Must be those great special teams ability. Oh wait.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Fading away with pressure in his face. Fuck him for completing the big pass play for a first down to win the game.

Get ball out faster. He had Swaim wide open to his left and he wouldn't have had to throw across his body. Whatever, he is clutch I agree. If best when under pressure.

However, he's not a Pro Bowl caliber player in his third year. He won't improve much unless they get serious about getting a QB coach. He's gonna be our QB this year and next year. But we need better production at that position. It's holding back what is otherwise a damn fine team. If everyone was healthy our only real holes are at safety and TE (well and QB).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get ball out faster. He had Swaim wide open to his left and he wouldn't have had to throw across his body. Whatever, he is clutch I agree. If best when under pressure.

However, he's not a Pro Bowl caliber player in his third year. He won't improve much unless they get serious about getting a QB coach. He's gonna be our QB this year and next year. But we need better production at that position. It's holding back what is otherwise a damn fine team. If everyone was healthy our only real holes are at safety and TE (well and QB).
Yeah Dak needs to play better then he did today. And he needs way better coaching. Which he will probably never get if he keeps winning. Sort of a sad fact. If Dak pulls this season out to win the division, you'll get Garrett back for another season and Dak will improve zero.

I get wanting an elite passing QB. We will never get that with Dak at the helm. His ceiling is good but not great. Dak is the sort of QB who will get you to the playoffs but I doubt he has the arm to getting you far in the playoffs without an elite defense and running game.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

At least he isn't as retarded as Quincy was. But they are both black so I guess it's a valid comparison.
They both had terrible mechanics and zero pocket awareness. Until that changes, he’s just a likable version of Quincy Carter.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

At least he isn't as retarded as Quincy was. But they are both black so I guess it's a valid comparison.

Don't go there. They are both running QBs with limited passing skills. The comparison is fair. What other Cowboys QB would you compare him to? Staubach? Aikman? White? Romo? pfffttt

Top Bottom