Watkins - Bill Callahan says he'll call plays

Carp

DCC 4Life
According to Jerry it was decided weeks ago...sounds like Garrett was just putting his hands over his ears and saying nananananana to make it go away.

Lotuseater

Banned
He announced it but Garrett was asked about it and he had nothing to say. Almost as if he was hearing about it for the first time.
I would have a very hard time believing he didn't know this was coming. Figuratively and literally.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
According to Jerry it was decided weeks ago...sounds like Garrett was just putting his hands over his ears and saying nananananana to make it go away.
That's what I've been thinking, that Garrett basically refuses to acknowledge it. The whole situation is so disjointed though, Jerry should've just fired Garrett instead of basically neutering him and completely bs'ing around.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is exactly what everyone wanted so I am not getting what the problem is now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Puppet

Rev

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is exactly what everyone wanted so I am not getting what the problem is now.
There is no problem, but it is odd that it really did not come from Jerry or Garrett, but Callahan. Garrett should have announced it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Its not a Garrett thing. Its a Jerry thing.
Feh. If this was decided weeks ago why did Garrett not say anything about it? Has he been muffled?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is no problem, but it is odd that it really did not come from Jerry or Garrett, but Callahan. Garrett should have announced it.
Yeah, I'm sure he's not on board with it.

Lotuseater

Banned
I'd resign if I was Garrett. I wouldn't want to be an accomplice to my own gelding, but hey that's me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I'm sure he's not on board with it.
Not many coaches were handling the play calling, so not sure why he felt compelled to do so. This will give him more time to ice his own kicker and look confused about making a challenge.

Rev

Staff member
Feh. If this was decided weeks ago why did Garrett not say anything about it? Has he been muffled?
I actually think Garrett was fighting it. As far as mentioning it to the media that's not really the way Garrett is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually think Garrett was fighting it. As far as mentioning it to the media that's not really the way Garrett is.
It is and has been a huge topic of conversation...to ignore it is naive.

Carp

DCC 4Life
DMN Poll on who fans want calling plays:

Bill Callahan 46.08%
Tony Romo 23.53%
Other 20.59%
Jason Garrett 9.8%

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It doesn't relate to play-calling.

The problem is that Jerry is once again undermining Garrett by announcing that Callahan will call plays, it's an example of how this organization is run like shit.
The issue of play calling was related months ago. The article today was Callahan confirming he would be the designated party. How is this a matter of Jones undermining Garrett? It has been in the forefront for quite a while. It was confirmed today via Callahan.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The issue of play calling was related months ago. The article today was Callahan confirming he would be the designated party. How is this a matter of Jones undermining Garrett? It has been in the forefront for quite a while. It was confirmed today via Callahan.
I read that Jerry was the one who announced it originally which is something he should not be doing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I read that Jerry was the one who announced it originally which is something he should not be doing.
I didn't read that but even if he did why would that be a problem? I see no reason to think that Garrett was circumvented in any way. He simply didn't care to comment. Who knows why.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I didn't read that but even if he did why would that be a problem? I see no reason to think that Garrett was circumvented in any way. He simply didn't care to comment. Who knows why.
Because Jerry is basically the face of the organization which isn't the case with any other team. This one isolated incident wouldn't be that big of a deal if it wasn't for the pattern of Jerry being the one to make declarations to the media that normally come from the head coach.

Top Bottom