Vivek Ramaswamy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So if his parents robbed a bank to put food on the table, thereby benefiting him, he should be cool with bank robbery in 2023?
It's literally the dumbest argument possible.

His better argument is hey he says he doesn't like Tiktok, but he uses Tiktok. Which he clearly explains despite "being dumber for having heard it." This is tone deaf. There are millions of people in this country that don't like Tiktok or who is running it and yet they have it on their phone. It's about reaching those people. If you think you're too good that you can just completely ignore a potential platform to reach voters than good for you. But Vivek is absolutely right in that it's a losing strategy. You need to reach the voters no matter how much you despise the platform. Democrats hate Musk and Twitter now but I'll be damned if they won't still use it. But I guess I'm just dumb.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
On a side note, Nikki Haley really loves to attack Vivek. I feel like there is some sort of a personal grudge there. It seems to get rewarded by a lot of media as claiming she is the "winner" from it. But I question if it's really that effective. Which I actually think she has some of the more well thought out plans for the Country as opposed to some of the other dipshits. She won't admit it but it feels like she is trying to steal the Trump playbook a bit.

Also out of curiosity, and obviously I don't pay as much attention to the debates as others, but at any point do they narrow these debates down? It feels really dumb to still have 7 people on the stage going forward. You don't really get to know anyone because no one really has time to get anything significant across. Do you really still need Christie and Burgum on the stage? At some point it would really benefit the Republican party to narrow the debate down to like 4 candidates. And maybe they do. Hutchinson obviously didn't make the cut for this one. But wouldn't it be nice to see Haley, DeSantis and Vivek. Those are the only ones out of Trump that I feel actually matter anymore. I really like Tim Scott too but I just don't think he is going anywhere this time around.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why was Vivek not in the debate last night?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Supposedly you need at least 10% in the polls to qualify? I think people are absolute idiots for preferring Haley or DeSantis.
This is correct, however, I did see where he did say that he would sit out of a debate for the above reason and encouraged all to do so.

It must have been a previous event or something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is correct, however, I did see where he did say that he would sit out of a debate for the above reason and encouraged all to do so.

It must have been a previous event or something.
Yeah, either way I didn't watch the debate. I have better things to do in life than to watch Haley and DeSantis go head to head. Here is hoping that the Iowa caucus can build momentum for Vivek.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah I'm being a little hard on DeSantis. He is awkward and not the best speaker but I think policy wise he is rock solid. Haley is trash. I just think she has shown her colors as a truly slimey politician.
She's just another Neocon owned by her donors. She's Bush in heels.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why was Vivek not in the debate last night?
Because he is not relevant any longer? I dunno.

He had a nice meteoric rise for a bit. Actually made sense for a while, then went apeshit and started looking to hide under the Trump umbrella.

Sad!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

He had a nice meteoric rise for a bit. Actually made sense for a while, then went apeshit and started looking to hide under the Trump umbrella.
He never went apeshit or stopped making sense. It's just that Trump had such a huge lead, no one was ever going to beat him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Sad!

Top Bottom