Vivek Ramaswamy Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
lord knows Federal workers need another day off :rolleyes

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Sic ‘em!

This is exactly why he won’t make it. He stepped in it trying to be too symbolic. The point he was trying to make came out wrong and that is on him. He needs to stop pretending that voters are capable of listening, processing the information and thinking. They would rather get mad than take the time to think about it. The average black person who might vote for him would immediately be turned off, based on a headline.
It's funny how they call him on comparing somebody to the KKK, citing how they were responsible for lynchings and other atrocities.

But it's ok for them to compare Republicans to Nazis?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Vivek handled that very well. He didn't back down and he explained his point clearly. Just because dimwit Dana Bash repeated herself about 50 times doesn't mean she somehow proved him wrong on his point that your skin color shouldn't determine how you think or how you vote. Otherwise you agree with Biden's "If you don't vote for me, then you ain't black."

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Non-citizens, but both his parents were highly educated and working/living in the country legally. An "anchor baby" he wasn't.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Non-citizens, but both his parents were highly educated and working/living in the country legally. An "anchor baby" he wasn't.
Still doesn't change the fact that he says he wants to end the policy he benefited from.

Sort of like his idol saying he wanted to strengthen the policies on compromising classified info and then shitting all over the very same policies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So he's saying, if you are born here to two parents who aren't citizens, you don't get to automatically be a citizen

I don't think I'm in favor of that but let's not act like that's not a reasonable thought. And truthfully it's actually honorable that he would want to close a loophole that he himself benefitted from.

That's like complaining that a rich person advocates closing tax loopholes that he benefits from.

At least Vivek has some ideas to try to curtail illegal immigration unlike the current administration and most Democrats in general.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So he's saying, if you are born here to two parents who aren't citizens, you don't get to automatically be a citizen

I don't think I'm in favor of that but let's not act like that's not a reasonable thought. And truthfully it's actually honorable that he would want to close a loophole that he himself benefitted from.

That's like complaining that a rich person advocates closing tax loopholes that he benefits from.

At least Vivek has some ideas to try to curtail illegal immigration unlike the current administration and most Democrats in general.
I'm with you, I don't know that I agree with it but to say he is dumb for wanting to eliminate something he benefited from is a terrible argument. He probably can speak better to that fact than any of us.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Amen.

I've personally known, or known of, several Mexicans who either came here illegally or who benefited from illegals (cheap labor) who don't believe we should have open borders. Not sure why that should be controversial.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
If that's how he feels then he should come out and say that although he is a citizen by birthright, he thinks the proper thing to do is end it. But he doesn't. He's ignorant enough to think that someone won't be able to find out that shit in this day & age and it makes him look like he's not forthcoming. I think more shit is going to come out about this guy... of course it probably won't peel away and of his fans but it won't gain him any either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He says explicitly that he favors ending birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, not legal ones, but of course Irv has an issue with it.

Ron Paul favored ending birthright citizenship too and I think he's is absolutely correct.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
He says explicitly that he favors ending birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, not legal ones, but of course Irv has an issue with it.

Ron Paul favored ending birthright citizenship too and I think he's is absolutely correct.
Do yourself a fucking favor Smitty and don't speak for me. I never fucking said birthright citizenship shouldn't be ended you fucking idiot. I said he should say that although he benefited from that policy it should be ended, not just conveniently leave that fact out.

Jesus you are pathetic. Fuck off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that's how he feels then he should come out and say that although he is a citizen by birthright, he thinks the proper thing to do is end it. But he doesn't. He's ignorant enough to think that someone won't be able to find out that shit in this day & age and it makes him look like he's not forthcoming. I think more shit is going to come out about this guy... of course it probably won't peel away and of his fans but it won't gain him any either.
He has though. I guess you wanted him to go into it on the debate stage but this is something he has talked about on multiple other outlets. It's not something he has hidden at all. I'm guessing you don't see these guys outside of the debate stage or when he is on CNN or something. The debate stage is such a shitshow. No one has time to sit there and talk about their parents.

And while I agree with a lot of his views I don't know that I agree with this one. I don't believe a child should have to pay for the sins of his father (or mother). Of course if I say the parents illegally here shouldn't be allowed to stay, it sort of impacts the child who they had here. So it's a complicated situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom