VANDER ESCH #55

p1_

DCC 4Life
Bradie James ish, i hate these things beacuse people have different comparisons.
think a little more current, please.

he's barely better than Jaylon Smith IMO

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
nope, just solid. whatever anyone else thought was wrong. just a solid safe pick.

Im ready for Cox as well. I think there is no harm in upgrading from solid. But Cox is going to be riskier because his body may not hold up. Flashier players are more risky they ll put their bodies on the line, they ll take the risks, they chase the glory. LVE is solid. Who knows, only the end of the career tells the real story.
I don't know about flashier but faster and better in coverage. And probably just as good in run defense.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I don't know about flashier but faster and better in coverage. And probably just as good in run defense.
i think he ll make good plays, give us better play probably wont be afraid to make the tackle we really need. seems to have a higher motor too.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
yes, he's solid for a CB, but I would think you would provide a current NFL linebacker who is 'solid' in your opinion
lets save a lot of time.

you pick the player, i ll say yes, you tell me why im wrong, and no one still cares.

solid is solid. you dont like it, we move on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
well, she must've been a great cook cuz he got phat
He was so depressed he would eat a tub of ice cream and would fall asleep in a bed of his own tears.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Eugene Lockhart was solid. LVE is a massive disappointment considering where we drafted him.

im not going to argue that, but Dallas still isnt amazing at drafting, they too are solid. sometimes very good picks, other times you re thinking, ok was a reach and maybe the reach isnt the problem because the team refuses to use the player to their strengths.

drafting is not a science as well. For where they took him, their needs, etc etc yea it was a safe pick

sometimes we as fans forget not all college players are going to be super stars in the NFL. Its a very diferent game and most of the factors you cant explain to kids.

its like trying to explain to a 25 yo what it means to be 50.

it was a safe solid pick. we ll always think we could have done better after we see the draft years later.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Eugene Lockhart was solid. Jack Del Rio was solid. LVE is a massive disappointment considering where we drafted him.
and thus, for his draft status and elevated expectations, not very solid. Even kinda shitty, if not real shitty.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and thus, for his draft status and elevated expectations, not very solid. Even kinda shitty, if not real shitty.
fans will blame the neck surgery, but his play was in decline before then. and a bad neck has nothing to do with misdiagnosing a play at the snap, not filling the right gap, getting taken for a ride downfield, etc.

data

Forbes #1
lets save a lot of time.

you pick the player, i ll say yes, you tell me why im wrong, and no one still cares.

solid is solid. you dont like it, we move on.
Solid is a player you're not looking to upgrade. Tony Tolbert was solid. Leighton Vander Esch is far from solid. LVE isn't Top 3 weakness, but I don't hesitate to draft another 1st round LB if value is there.

Let's say this...when it comes to better definition of solid

Sandra Bullock > Leighton Vander Esch

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
fans will blame the neck surgery, but his play was in decline before then. and a bad neck has nothing to do with misdiagnosing a play at the snap, not filling the right gap, getting taken for a ride downfield, etc.
I think his fear of contact has something to do with it though.

Top Bottom