TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hannibal was indeed great. There was a cool swerve I didn't think of.

Only think there will be one more season. It will be hard to maintain beyond that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just made it through season one of Oz on Amazon. Not sure if it is worth completing or if I should just move on to The Wire.

D

Deuce

Just made it through season one of Oz on Amazon. Not sure if it is worth completing or if I should just move on to The Wire.
1. I think it's worth completing.

2. You should have watched The Wire first anyhow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1. I think it's worth completing.

2. You should have watched The Wire first anyhow.
1. I will continue.

2. You are not the boss of me. Plus I am watching in chronological order, oldest to newest. Boardwalk Empire will be last.

D

Deuce

1. I will continue.

2. You are not the boss of me. Plus I am watching in chronological order, oldest to newest. Boardwalk Empire will be last.
Are you doing it through Amazon? If so than its smart to start with the old stuff cause cause they have the complete series. Stuff like Boardwalk Empire only has the first 2 seasons available.

Also, Generation Kill and John Adams are two mini-series HBO did that are on there. Highly recommended.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you doing it through Amazon? If so than its smart to start with the old stuff cause cause they have the complete series. Stuff like Boardwalk Empire only has the first 2 seasons available.

Also, Generation Kill and John Adams are two mini-series HBO did that are on there. Highly recommended.
Yes, I am streaming through Amazon. I will skip stuff like Carnivale and Deadwood which I was able to watch when I had HBO.

That's why I am waiting on Boardwalk Empire last. Makes no sense to watch it right away since it is the newest.

junk

Not So New Member
Generation Kill was great. That is one I'll rewatch on Amazon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The more I watch the actor that plays O'Reily on Oz, the differently I view him in the Allstate "mayhem" commercials.

I will be dropping State Farm tomorrow.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The more I watch the actor that plays O'Reily on Oz, the differently I view him in the Allstate "mayhem" commercials.

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Sounds like it's the same actor that is the boyfriend of the Marisa Hargity' s character on Law ans Order SVU.

D

Deuce

:lol

He's a great character, possibly the best on the show.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Man they sure love killing off the most popular characters. It was a pretty awesome battle scene though. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.
Oberyn's teeth flying out were a nice touch

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
God damn GOT man, still a great sequence at the end until the very end.

And booze should definitely watch The Wire before Oz, although Oz is kind of amusing because you see alot of random guys from commercials/other shows, namely Beecher, Eko from Lost, the Aryan ringleader guy and Beecher's boyfriend.

D

Deuce

I'm gonna need a gif of the final moments of that fight last night. It's perfect when responding to one of Iamtdg's posts.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm gonna need a gif of the final moments of that fight last night. It's perfect when responding to one of Iamtdg's posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll hide it in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but props. This will be used.
Oh my bad didn't even think about it would need spoiler tags

D

Deuce

@edsbs: Gregor Clegane, Left Tackle, Alabama. Pros: immense size, powerlifting strength, mean streak. Cons: character issues.

Top Bottom