TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finished up Hannibal on the dvr.

Um, that show is a fucking masterpiece for network TV.

Fortunately, somehow it is very inexpensive for NBC and it was renewed for a third season despite shitty ratings.
It is also very high brow for network TV. Belongs on Bravo or something. Putting it on Friday night kills the chance for good ratings.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One more thing about Hannibal....compare it to the movie Red Dragon. The actors on TV playing the key roles slay it in comparison.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really liked it. That period of history interests me anyway, and I thought the story line they're following was very interesting.
Agreed, I really enjoy history so this is very interesting to me, and I'd also like to add, Merica.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the pompousness of the British since we all obviously know how it ends.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One more thing about Hannibal....compare it to the movie Red Dragon. The actors on TV playing the key roles slay it in comparison.
Good, because Red Dragon wasn't very good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I legit thought Hannibal was about the military leader during the Roman Empire when I first heard of the show.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Agreed, I really enjoy history so this is very interesting to me, and I'd also like to add, Merica.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the pompousness of the British since we all obviously know how it ends.
That Capt. Simcoe guy is such a douche. I was hoping he'd catch a musketball in the face.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That Capt. Simcoe guy is such a douche. I was hoping he'd catch a musketball in the face.
Yea, you know that will come eventually, I'm guessing they wanted to keep such a good villain around for longer than just the 1st season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yea, you know that will come eventually, I'm guessing they wanted to keep such a good villain around for longer than just the 1st season.
Agreed. Even though he is such an ass, I really do like the character. His air of superiority and complete pompousness coupled with his cold blooded ruthlessness really pushes the story, imo. Part of me hopes that Maj. Hewlett is killed off and Simcoe is given command of Setauket. The shit would really hit the fan then.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed. Even though he is such an ass, I really do like the character. His air of superiority and complete pompousness coupled with his cold blooded ruthlessness really pushes the story, imo. Part of me hopes that Maj. Hewlett is killed off and Simcoe is given command of Setauket. The shit would really hit the fan then.
That could be a possibility as the war gets more savage, I assume at some point the British will want to react to the guerilla tactics that you know by history are coming and putting a lunatic like Simcoe in control could symbolize that response.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Started watching The Killing on Netflix...like it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I enjoyed it. Though my brain my officially be pickled as I can't remember if I watched Season 3 or not.
If this is the series that took place in Washington about a murder of a young girl, I don't think there as even a season two. It dragged along through the entire season and I didn't see it anymore.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If this is the series that took place in Washington about a murder of a young girl, I don't think there as even a season two. It dragged along through the entire season and I didn't see it anymore.
It is...I am about 7 episodes in...it has a few seasons I think.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Killing had 2 or 3 seasons on TV and then fizzled out. Netflix took over for the the final season for 3 or 4 seasons total.

D

Deuce

I'm not exactly sure what I saw when I watched The Leftovers, but it's enough to make me want to see more. Good casting helps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not exactly sure what I saw when I watched The Leftovers, but it's enough to make me want to see more. Good casting helps.
I was both extremely confused and extremely intrigued. Gave me plenty of reason to keep watching episodes.

Top Bottom