TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have almost run out of my happy shows like Barnwood Builders and American Pickers. I try to get away from all the negative shit sometimes. You guys have any other shows that fit that mold? I'm not looking for fiction.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have almost run out of my happy shows like Barnwood Builders and American Pickers. I try to get away from all the negative shit sometimes. You guys have any other shows that fit that mold? I'm not looking for fiction.
I think you're on the right track with those. I still like some of the older Holmes construction shows because even though he can be an ass, they actually did construction. Now all the DIY type shows are just covert reality shows about the personalities of the couples. (Including the newer Holmes ones with his dumb kids.) And the new ones mostly do decorating and antique hunting, not building and solving structural problems.

I still love history documentaries, too, especially Cold War era stuff. Hard to beat those. There's a "Secrets of War" series on Pluto Military channel narrated by Charlton Heston that is great and has stuff I've never seen or heard before, even though I like that stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think you're on the right track with those. I still like some of the older Holmes construction shows because even though he can be an ass, they actually did construction. Now all the DIY type shows are just covert reality shows about the personalities of the couples. (Including the newer Holmes ones with his dumb kids.) And the new ones mostly do decorating and antique hunting, not building and solving structural problems.

I still love history documentaries, too, especially Cold War era stuff. Hard to beat those. There's a "Secrets of War" series on Pluto Military channel narrated by Charlton Heston that is great and has stuff I've never seen or heard before, even though I like that stuff.
I watch a lot of documentaries. But even those can be depressing sometimes. I rarely watch "tv shows" anymore because most of them are stupid as shit anymore. Have you ever watched Maine Cabin Masters? It's one I am thinking about trying.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I watch a lot of documentaries. But even those can be depressing sometimes. I rarely watch "tv shows" anymore because most of them are stupid as shit anymore. Have you ever watched Maine Cabin Masters? It's one I am thinking about trying.
Yes, it's kind of lame imo. It's a lot better than when they first started, though.

On the home improvement stuff, it's kind of hard to beat This Old House. :unsure At least you can learn some things.

I've been watching old shows on Roku or Pluto. It's still fiction, but not nearly as stupid as the drivel put out today.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
@Chocolate Lab are you around Ada? Im just now getting around to the documentary on Netflix called The Innocent Man. Murders in Ada in the mid 80s.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
@Chocolate Lab are you around Ada? Im just now getting around to the documentary on Netflix called The Innocent Man. Murders in Ada in the mid 80s.
I'm a lifelong Texan, sir. (Except for a year at the U of Arkansas.)

I have spent quite a bit of time in Oklahoma but I've never been to Ada. That's @Sheik 's stomping ground.

Rev

Staff member
I'm a lifelong Texan, sir. (Except for a year at the U of Arkansas.)

I have spent quite a bit of time in Oklahoma but I've never been to Ada. That's @Sheik 's stomping ground.
Sorry but if you pull for OU you are lumped into that state.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes, it's kind of lame imo. It's a lot better than when they first started, though.

On the home improvement stuff, it's kind of hard to beat This Old House. :unsure At least you can learn some things.

I've been watching old shows on Roku or Pluto. It's still fiction, but not nearly as stupid as the drivel put out today.
You are on step away from having those old shows like that being served to you along with a pudding cup, old man.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You are on step away from having those old shows like that being served to you along with a pudding cup, old man.
Step off gramps. I'm like a young colt compared to you.

Now how about an update on Farmer Wants a Wife?

Rev

Staff member
Anybody watching Shogun on Hulu? Did you watch the original series? I was too young to really enjoy TV at the time. I had more important things to do like jumping ramps on my 12 speed and staying out until the lights came on. If you seen the original (i do remember my parents watching it) I was wondering how its standing up.

Anyways really enjoying it so far. Ive liked all the roles that Hiroyuki Sanada has played and he isnt disappointing me yet.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You had a 12 speed in 1980? I didn't even know they made them then. I'd only heard of 10 speeds. And even so, all I had was a dirt bike at that age.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Anybody watching Shogun on Hulu? Did you watch the original series? I was too young to really enjoy TV at the time. I had more important things to do like jumping ramps on my 12 speed and staying out until the lights came on. If you seen the original (i do remember my parents watching it) I was wondering how its standing up.

Anyways really enjoying it so far. Ive liked all the roles that Hiroyuki Sanada has played and he isnt disappointing me yet.
Did you jump over any police cars?

Rev

Staff member
You had a 12 speed in 1980? I didn't even know they made them then. I'd only heard of 10 speeds. And even so, all I had was a dirt bike at that age.
12 or 10. It was so long ago I don't remember.

Looked it up because I was curious but at least 1 company started making them in the mid 70s.

Very well could have been 12 and why I've always referred to that type of bike as 12 speeds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom