TV Thread

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Seriously? I hadn't heard that.
Harrison Ford was completely done with that role and wanted to move on. His deal to come back for the new one was that they would kill him off somewhat quickly.

some of the Star Wars opinions may be when you watched them also. I was 3 or 4 when Jedi came out. By the time I watched it I was still into the heroes winning and good conquering. If I go back and watch them again( haven’t done so in a while) I would appreciate empire more. The plot twists and storyline reveals are all there.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yeah, he was supposed to die. Harrison Ford wanted him to die. That was actually a stipulation of his when he agreed to come back in the new movies.

The 13 yr old kid in me cheered like a MFer when they first showed Han and Chewbacca in that movie. And I was actually shook when Kylo Ren/Ben Solo ran him thru with his light saber. I wasn’t expecting it at all. And as shocking as that was, you could actually feel Chewie’s pain as he watched it happen.
Holy shit you are young. I thought you were the same as some of these other old timers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Holy shit you are young. I thought you were the same as some of these other old timers.
He is about my age. How old do you think I am?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Empire
New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of Skywalker
Rogue One
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace
Solo
Last Jedi

Genghis Khan

and yet he did that weird "beyond the grave" scene with Kylo in the final movie
Star wars has been doing that since a New Hope. Not really weird in that universe other than Han isn't a Jedi, but it's not clear that it wasn't just in Kylo's mind anyway.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
This would be more relatable if it was actually in the thread with the discussion.

:unsure
I think we are talking about two different situations... You are talking of course about how he wanted to be killed off in The Force Awakens but one of the original versions of Return of the Jedi had Solo pushing daisies as well as the Millennium Falcon being toasted. Lucas nixed both of those ideas.

Genghis Khan

some of the Star Wars opinions may be when you watched them also.

It really is.

My son started getting into Star Wars around 5 or 6, and when he watched them for the first time he wanted to watch in chronological order, starting with Episode 1 (phantom menace). I was a little disappointed that he'd have the plot twist in empire ruined but I let him do it.

But then a funny thing happened. He got a different plot twist with a similar impact, but in episode 3. He was shocked when Anakin turned. That's a pretty interesting plot twist that those of us that watched 4/5/6 first missed out on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
and yet he did that weird "beyond the grave" scene with Kylo in the final movie
He agreed to do that because Carrie Fischer had died, and they needed to finish Ben Solo's character arc with a parent. He agreed to do it so they didn't have to use AI for Fischer.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He agreed to do that because Carrie Fischer had died, and they needed to finish Ben Solo's character arc with a parent. He agreed to do it so they didn't have to use AI for Fischer.
so it wasn't just a money grab. good to know.

Top Bottom