TV Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Also I realize I put this in the wrong thread should be in movies.
I liked Jedi because it showed Luke as the first powerful Jedi to fight the sith. It was the real hope moving forward. I wish the movies had followed the previous lore that had been written by Timothy Zahn and others. They did it well.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Just messing with ya. There has been 'discussions' before about this. Empire is usually thought of as the best of the Star Wars movies.
Empire was the most “artsy” and it ended on a cliffhanger that for people watching real time would last for four years. It was one of the first mainstream films that left the antagonist winning at the end. I think the preference may depend on world view to some extent.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Empire was the most “artsy” and it ended on a cliffhanger that for people watching real time would last for four years. It was one of the first mainstream films that left the antagonist winning at the end. I think the preference may depend on world view to some extent.
@NoDak @Irving Cowboy I just realized I'm an idiot and got my movies backwards. :lol

Yep, I liked that Empire wasn't all happy. You had the cool Hoth stuff at the beginning and Yoda training Luke, but mostly you had the shocking bits of Lando opening the door and Vader standing there, plus of course the father reveal and Han in Carbonite.

The first one was really good, too, especially for being so groundbreaking. Return with the yorkie planet was too stupid and juvenile.

Edit to add I'm a little disappointed in NoDak for not bitchslapping me hard on that. Don't go soft on us, man.

Last edited:

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Lucas got caught up in the merchandising craze with the Ewoks. That and there was the story that Solo was supposed to die but Lucas overrode that idea because nobody would want to buy action figures of a dead character.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Seriously? I hadn't heard that.
Yeah, he was supposed to die. Harrison Ford wanted him to die. That was actually a stipulation of his when he agreed to come back in the new movies.

The 13 yr old kid in me cheered like a MFer when they first showed Han and Chewbacca in that movie. And I was actually shook when Kylo Ren/Ben Solo ran him thru with his light saber. I wasn’t expecting it at all. And as shocking as that was, you could actually feel Chewie’s pain as he watched it happen.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and yet he did that weird "beyond the grave" scene with Kylo in the final movie

Top Bottom