TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe still my favorite show of all time. So much greatness, at least the first couple of years.

To bb or anyone else: Favorite episodes?
Y'all are fucking certified goobers if you can recall any other specific episode without Sasquatch and Jamie.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Didnt care for the brokeback episode. Seemed out of place. The episodes were moving and then stopped to a crawl. That is all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Didnt care for the brokeback episode. Seemed out of place. The episodes were moving and then stopped to a crawl. That is all.
With Nick f'ing Offerman of all people. It was dumb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I liked better call Saul better than BB
It is better if you consider them singular and on their own rather than compare them.

Both shows are easily top shelf over the last 20 years. Gilligan is outstanding and nailed both shows.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With Nick f'ing Offerman of all people. It was dumb.
I thought it was risky and impressive. They pulled it off.

And apparently Offermann didn't think it was dumb.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought it was risky and impressive. They pulled it off.

And apparently Offermann didn't think it was dumb.
Then he's not the man I thought he was. :unsure

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No need for it. You could take that whole episode out and not even miss a beat in the story.

Cotton

Staff member
No need for it. You could take that whole episode out and not even miss a beat in the story.
That's exactly what I told my wife. It had jack shit to do with the story line. So, why even put it in there?

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
That's exactly what I told my wife. It had jack shit to do with the story line. So, why even put it in there?
It's there to build on a character from the game. If you're only looking at how to progress the story, just cut the character altogether. The only purpose he served in the game was to show how a Survivalist was able to make it work on his own and provide equipment for the trip.

Instead, they chose to expand on his backstory while also showing the dangers that are out in the world. Prior to the episode, the injected were the problem. It took it further to show that people can be a bigger danger.

The problem is, the Walking Dead already did that 10 years ago so everyone already knew humans would turn into pieces of shit and turn on each other. So the effect it was going for is far less impactful.

Cotton

Staff member
It's there to build on a character from the game. If you're only looking at how to progress the story, just cut the character altogether. The only purpose he served in the game was to show how a Survivalist was able to make it work on his own and provide equipment for the trip.

Instead, they chose to expand on his backstory while also showing the dangers that are out in the world. Prior to the episode, the injected were the problem. It took it further to show that people can be a bigger danger.

The problem is, the Walking Dead already did that 10 years ago so everyone already knew humans would turn into pieces of shit and turn on each other. So the effect it was going for is far less impactful.
Was the character a raging homo in the game? Because that part seemed entirely unnecessary. I guess they were going for woke points, but it didn't make any sense.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Was the character a raging homo in the game? Because that part seemed entirely unnecessary. I guess they were going for woke points, but it didn't make any sense.
He's gay in the game and a lot more redneck. Like, uber Nascar fan pounding Natty Lites type redneck. But by the time Joel and Ellie got to him, Frank had already died. We don't know how or why, he's just mentioned in passing.

Cotton

Staff member
He's gay in the game and a lot more redneck. Like, uber Nascar fan pounding Natty Lites type redneck. But by the time Joel and Ellie got to him, Frank had already died. We don't know how or why, he's just mentioned in passing.
Fair enough then, I guess. I still don't see how it has anything to do with the story.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Fair enough then, I guess. I still don't see how it has anything to do with the story.
I think it's simply taking a character that a lot of the game players enjoyed and expanding him for their benefit. He was a fun character to interact with in the game, albeit for a short time and the producers knew they probably only had 1 episode to do with him whatever they wanted. So they either went the direction they did, or they did much less and had a boring interaction between him and Joel for 45 minutes leading up to a firefight.

Top Bottom