TV Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Maybe still my favorite show of all time. So much greatness, at least the first couple of years.
Sucked after Season 3, what with the mustache, shitty episodes, and permed hair in S5. You can really see these imperfections in the new Blu-rays.

To bb or anyone else: Favorite episodes?
Fave episode is The Last Kamikaze.

Also fond of Day of the Robot, Deadly Replay, Straight on 'til Morning, Dr. Wells is Missing, The Pioneers, Stranger in Broken Fork, the Jaime Sommers two-parter, Target in the Sky, Secret of Bigfoot (duh), etc.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Fave episode is The Last Kamikaze.
That one stuck out for me, too. The WTF look on the Japanese guy's face when Steve falls in the pit and the spike goes through his leg, exposing his bionics...

Give me both of the Robot episodes, Population Zero, Seven Million Dollar Man, agreed on Deadly Replay, and I liked the one where Shatner is talking to the dolphins.

HSO, I thought the Bigfoot was stupid. But then I was a little older and watching all these in syndication when I saw them.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
HSO, I thought the Bigfoot was stupid. But then I was a little older and watching all these in syndication when I saw them.
Only the original two-parter (with Andre) was decent. The second one (with Jaime helping) was cocaine inspired or something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Along these same lines...

What was your favorite TV show growing up?

Emergency! and Six Million Dollar Man for me. CASE CLOSED!
All in the Family and The Jeffersons.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As a kid: A-team, Airwolf, mcguyver, Quantum Leap
All good calls, but Quantum Leap was the best of those 4 to me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Buck Rogers, og Battlestar Galactica, Charlie's Angels, SNL, Wrasslin

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Don't remember exact name but there was a series about this seaplane pilot set right before ww2 called something like Search for the Gold Monkey I remember liking too

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Got through the 3rd episode of Breaking Bad last night.

Since the show is so old and most everyone has already seen it, do I need to post spoilers to discuss it?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
do I need to post spoilers to discuss it?
Probably. I finally got around to watching the whole thing last year, after giving up on it during its original run. But I loved Better Call Saul, so I gave BB a second chance. I'm glad I did.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Got through the 3rd episode of Breaking Bad last night.

Since the show is so old and most everyone has already seen it, do I need to post spoilers to discuss it?
No spoiler warning needed

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Probably. I finally got around to watching the whole thing last year, after giving up on it during its original run. But I loved Better Call Saul, so I gave BB a second chance. I'm glad I did.
I liked better call Saul better than BB

Top Bottom