TV Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was scientists' opinions from a few years ago. The writers could easily spin a story about how a potential cure has now been developed.

A couple of friends and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. An interesting turn would be for them to find the cure and the next "goal" would be to spread the cure and rebuild society. Which could include rebuilding the government, clearing major cities of walkers, taking down hostile groups like the Saviors who are resistant to the reestablishment of normal government, etc.

We were just throwing around some ideas just to break up the monotony of the same old Rick's group vs. the Wolves/Saviors/Woodbury.......
Yeah the group needs to find some sort of a new or different purpose. They have to finish out the Saviors storyline now but they need something fresh asap. Turn the focus back on the zombies instead of just people on people stuff.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was scientists' opinions from a few years ago. The writers could easily spin a story about how a potential cure has now been developed.

A couple of friends and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. An interesting turn would be for them to find the cure and the next "goal" would be to spread the cure and rebuild society. Which could include rebuilding the government, clearing major cities of walkers, taking down hostile groups like the Saviors who are resistant to the reestablishment of normal government, etc.

We were just throwing around some ideas just to break up the monotony of the same old Rick's group vs. the Wolves/Saviors/Woodbury.......
But that would be nothing like the comic if what I read is true.

That would be a totally different thing and something I would probably watch again, but that's not the spirit of the comic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But that would be nothing like the comic if what I read is true.

That would be a totally different thing and something I would probably watch again, but that's not the spirit of the comic.
I honestly have no idea where the comic goes. Is the show catching up to the comic to the point where it is going to pass it (ala Game of Thrones) or is there sort of a lot of material left there to use?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I honestly have no idea where the comic goes. Is the show catching up to the comic to the point where it is going to pass it (ala Game of Thrones) or is there sort of a lot of material left there to use?
The show follows the comic to a degree, but they often incorporate their own twist on how things play out. For instance in the comics certain people who have died on TV are still alive in the comics.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From what I've read the comics basically become more about the warring human factions and the zombies are mostly just background noise.

The show has been repetitive for seasons and it's clear that they drag shit out just to milk as much money as they can. I would never watch the show live but have kept up with it thanks to the DVR, and even then I find my mind wandering, I end up doing shit on my phone during episodes just because it gets so boring at times.

Next season will be the 8th, it'd be really nice if these fools could actually put together some kind of cohesive end game and finish this out in 10 seasons.

I'm of the opinion that in order for a show to tell a great story with a tight arc without much fluff it shouldn't be more than about 60-70 episodes. Shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Americans, and Game of Thrones are all right around that area, Mad Men is a little beyond that number but that show kind of went off the rails a bit after about 60ish episodes.

At the end of this season TWD is going to be around 100 episodes, and by the time they get to the 10th season that number is going to be damn near 150. There is no way an hour-long drama can have that many episodes without at least 25% of it being complete bullshit filler.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Serious question... If TWD is so boring/bad/unbelievable/repetitive/whatever... why do you guys still watch it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Serious question... If TWD is so boring/bad/unbelievable/repetitive/whatever... why do you guys still watch it?
Oh I still like it. But I certainly think it may be winding dowm unless they come up with some fresh ideas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I watched TWD last night. I didn't think it was that bad of an episode. Yes, they did introduce a new group, which I'm getting sick of, but overall I thought it was a decent buildup episode. Problem is, how many of those do we freakin' need before we get past this Saviors part?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched TWD last night. I didn't think it was that bad of an episode. Yes, they did introduce a new group, which I'm getting sick of, but overall I thought it was a decent buildup episode. Problem is, how many of those do we freakin' need before we get past this Saviors part?
Everyone waited so long for Negan. They can't just end him after half a season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Everyone waited so long for Negan. They can't just end him after half a season.
If they killed him in the next episode I would be okay with it. I know he is a polarizing character, but I hate him. :lol

D

Deuce

If they killed him in the next episode I would be okay with it. I know he is a polarizing character, but I hate him. :lol
He's the only interesting part of the show for me. Michonne went from straight badass to whatever the hell she is now. Same with Darryl. Carol just needs to die already because her mood swings are getting old.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's the only interesting part of the show for me. Michonne went from straight badass to whatever the hell she is now. Same with Darryl. Carol just needs to die already because her mood swings are getting old.
Yea, once characters are introduced and developed they basically just become stereotypical clichés and there is no further development. Darryl is the gruff badass who says about 50 words an episode now and most of it is just some sort of forced babble about kicking someone's ass or how so and so isn't tough enough.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they follow the comics, he is involved even after the big war.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I tell you what, if they have her and Daryl become friends with benefits, I am out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tell you what, if they have her and Daryl become friends with benefits, I am out.
I never understood why some people want that. She is like this old grey haired lady. He is like young badass. They have more of a mother/son relationship then anything. But Daryl needs to go back to be a badass loaner. Frankly Carl may be the only badass on the show left besides Negan...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never understood why some people want that. She is like this old grey haired lady. He is like young badass. They have more of a mother/son relationship then anything. But Daryl needs to go back to be a badass loaner. Frankly Carl may be the only badass on the show left besides Negan...
It is gross is what it is.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The actors for Carol and Darryl both look to be 40-45ish, doesn't seem to be a huge age gap to me.

But yea, they definitely should not smash.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The actors for Carol and Darryl both look to be 40-45ish, doesn't seem to be a huge age gap to me.

But yea, they definitely should not smash.
Oh I think in real life she only has him by a few years. But it's not really the way they are portrayed in the show.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Oh I think in real life she only has him by a few years. But it's not really the way they are portrayed in the show.
Maybe, Darryl's older brother seemed to be pretty old, mid 40's or so, and Carol's husband from way back seemed to be about 40ish, so it's not like he's portrayed as a 20 year old and she's a 50 year old.

I think the gray hair is what makes her seem much older and dated.

Top Bottom