One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Uhh, Jiggy, the videos are timestamped tonight, not last night. :unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finished off season 2 of Man In The High Castle. It was pretty good, although I have no idea what direction they go in next.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Finished off season 2 of Man In The High Castle. It was pretty good, although I have no idea what direction they go in next.
I'm only about halfway through the second season and have a question...

What is up with the Trade Minister's story? He seems to be in an alternate reality at times. The real reality. Do they explain that later in the season, because it's annoying me, currently.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm only about halfway through the second season and have a question...

What is up with the Trade Minister's story? He seems to be in an alternate reality at times. The real reality. Do they explain that later in the season, because it's annoying me, currently.
Not explained this season.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally got around to watching the last season of Rectify and it is still great viewing.

I never enjoyed a show so much that has such small dramatic moments, nothing big or flashy happens but you are drawn in to every little action.

The acting is superb all around and the writing is great just a great, great show.

2 episodes left and I wonder if they ever answer the most pressing question of the show.

D

Deuce

Shameless is pretty great. I'm a little in to season 4 and it keeps a good pace. Kevin and his "magic penis" is fantastic.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched Part 1 of the New Edition biopic last night. I’m a sucker for biopics and this was possibly the most popular R&B group during my childhood in the 80s, so this was right up my alley. I thought the producers did an amazing job with the casting. The young actors looked the part and did a great job with the songs as well. I also like that pretty much all the details of the biopic have been corroborated by the members of New Edition. They were on social media last night confirming that everything shown in the biopic actually happened.

So far nothing too juicy has come out of it. However I will say that it was interesting seeing that there might not be a New Edition if it weren’t for Ralph Tresvant staying loyal to his crew. In the movie after they won a local talent contest the record producer (the same guy who founded New Kids on the Block) secretly tried to only sign Tresvant to a deal but Tresvant told him he wouldn’t sign unless the entire group received a deal.

Also, they did touch on the bubbling tension between the group members and Tresvant. The other members grew tired of the record producers always putting Tresvant on lead vocals; which was strange to hear because Bobby Brown is the one who actually got kicked out of the group (they haven’t reached that part yet in the biopic).

The only real complaint I had is BET went overboard with the commercial breaks. During hour 1 the breaks were pretty normal…..12-15 minutes of the movie, then cut to commercial. The ridiculousness began in hour 2 when they literally only showed 3-4 minutes of the movie then they’d cut to commercial. They did that nonstop for the entire second hour of the movie. Completely ruined the flow of the movie.

My plan is to DVR the next 2 episodes so that I can just fast forward through the excessive commercial breaks.

I look forward to your responses. <silently humming “Cool it Now” in my cubicle>

data

Forbes #1
Loved the Temptations one decades ago. If I could have someone's voice, Tresvant would be in my Top 5. No time to watch it now, but I'm sure I'll catch it later.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Loved the Temptations one decades ago. If I could have someone's voice, Tresvant would be in my Top 5. No time to watch it now, but I'm sure I'll catch it later.
Tresvant's voice is a little too light for me. Although you can definitely pull the ladies with that sound.

Personally I'd prefer to sing like K-Ci of Jodeci. Speaking of which......the Jodeci biopic is the next musical biopic that America needs. It may not be safe for network TV, though.

D

Deuce

Tresvant's voice is a little too light for me. Although you can definitely pull the ladies with that sound.

Personally I'd prefer to sing like K-Ci of Jodeci. Speaking of which......the Jodeci biopic is the next musical biopic that America needs. It may not be safe for network TV, though.
I remember buying the Jodeci and Shai cds at the same time. Those two combined set the mood back in the day.

data

Forbes #1

...and he'd also be in my Top 5, along with David Ruffin. That Unplugged version of Lately.

Top Bottom