Trump launches military strike against Syria

data

Forbes #1
This is the point where someone posts a meme that Schindler should've moved on and supported Hitler's success.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I never bought that Trump and Putin were buddies trying to get one elected.

I always thought it was more along the lines of Putin trying to get the biggest fucktard in American history elected because it would be good for his country.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I would have thought that Putin would have wanted Clinton to win. That makes much more sense to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would have thought that Putin would have wanted Clinton to win. That makes much more sense to me.
I don't think it was as much about picking a winner as it was about screwing with Hillary who had pissed Putin off in the past.

townsend

Banned
Why would you possibly think that?

Hillary is nearly a John McCain level foreign policy hawk. As Sec of State she had butted heads with Putin pretty consistently.

Trump was selling a nationalist platform that was less interventionist, he called NATO obsolete, he praised Brexit and trashed the EU. If Putin had a wish list those would be on the top. That doesn't even include the fact that Trump's admin campaigned to get harsh language in the GOP platform about Russia's occupation of Ukraine removed.

townsend

Banned

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Authoritarian nonsense. Trump succeeding is, in many cases, at the expense of the American people. Of course we should want him to fail because his interests are in conflict with the welfare of the American people.
LOL again. In what way? You must be talking about social issues.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sounds like Townsend.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol Trump dgaf

townsend

Banned
LOL again. In what way? You must be talking about social issues.
Most issues. This dumbass Syrian strike for instance. He got to hear the pundits suck his dick, the rest of the world watched the clock tick closer to midnight.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As I said before, Trump will end up being a centrist in terms of what his presidency actually produces. All of this right wing wacko stuff will never happen. Washington is too powerful of a force for a president to swing the country into wacky territory. All of the rhetoric will be for show in the end.

townsend

Banned
As I said before, Trump will end up being a centrist in terms of what his presidency actually produces. All of this right wing wacko stuff will never happen. Washington is too powerful of a force for a president to swing the country into wacky territory. All of the rhetoric will be for show in the end.
This seems closer to the truth now that Bannon has lost his seat at the right hand. I think the issue isn't right wing Trump at this point, as much as right wing Ryan and McConnell. There aren't very many moderate Republicans left in Washington.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's a fact of life. When the campaign was going on I said that Congress will have to be dealt with even if he wins. They think The Country belongs to them and they feel they have the final say no matter who is in the Presidents chair.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
United Launches Devastating Attack On Syrian Airbase In Bid To Improve Image

United Launches Devastating Attack On Syrian Airbase In Bid To Improve Image

In a move considered by critics to be an attempt to deflect attention from their Russian connections, the Trump administration last week launched a missile strike on a Syrian airbase used to launch an attack with chemical weapons. Despite being hit by 59 Tomohawk missiles, Assad’s Air Force was said to be flying missions again within a day indicating the attack was largely ineffective.

In a surprising move, United Airlines has taken the decision to do the job properly, placing an order with the Raytheon corporation for a large number of air-to-surface missiles and laser-guided bombs late yesterday afternoon which were retrofitted to its extensive fleet of Airbus A320 passenger planes.

The attack – carried out just hours ago by flight crews based out of Chicago – is said to be utterly devastating, with both the Shayrat and Tiyas airbases in the Homs Governorate now totally degraded including the runways.

Though United maintains this was a purely humanitarian operation arising from their disgust at Assad’s use of chemical weapons, cynical observers note the timing comes right when their reputation is in a nosedive over the violent ejection of a 69-year-old physician from one of their commercial flights.

This view is supported by the fact that the cost of the attack – which is estimated to be well over 800 million dollars taking into account the ordinance purchased and fuel used – is far less than what they can expect to lose if they don’t quickly make people forget about how much they like to beat up on their passengers.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Authoritarian nonsense. Trump succeeding is, in many cases, at the expense of the American people. Of course we should want him to fail because his interests are in conflict with the welfare of the American people.
intentional...if so, props.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

hree Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told The Times of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

“It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields,” he said.

Al-Assi said the militants had summarily executed 25 people attempting to flee the militant's would-be caliphate in the three days before the boars attacked. Hawija, about 100 miles south of Mosul, sees dozens of residents flee to Kurdish Kirkuk daily, and the Iraqi military has planned to launch an offensive in the region after a laborious effort to liberate Mosul is completed.

“We know that a massacre took place in Hawija district through our sources," al-Assi told the Times. "This will not be ISIS’s last massacre against citizens."

Hawija is strategically located east of the road from Mosul to Baghdad, on the edge of the oil-rich region of Kirkuk. U.S.-backed troops launched the effort to drive the militants out of Mosul in October. Eastern Mosul was liberated in January, and the Iraqi military claimed Tuesday it had taken control of the al-Tanek neighborhood, the largest on the western side of the city.

Kirkuk Gov. Najmaldin Karim renewed calls to the Iraqi army and government to free Hawija.

“The suffering of the people of Hawija and its surrounding areas is intolerable,” he told The Times.

Top Bottom