Trump launches military strike against Syria

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Trump didn't feel pressure. That's not how Trump works, Trump gives no shits about PR, or public opinion. He is a cable news viewer, that's where he gets his info, he is the Joe Schmo that had an emotional reaction to the video. Now he can act out with ICBMs instead of Twitter.
LOL

2233boys

Not So New Member
It's like the Ray Rice video. The NFL felt pressure to do something based purely on public reaction to a video. Similarly here, Trump felt pressure to do something becaise of the public reaction to what happened in Syria. I don't think it was really about military action or starting a war in Syria.
Me either, I think he had other reasons. I will not say what they are, because it gets all conspiracy theorish. :lol

My hate for the Orange one, may lead to those thoughts. :art

2233boys

Not So New Member
Brian Williams saying the pictures for the Missiles firing was beautiful. :crazy

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree in part, it was Chemical Weapons, however we do look past others who we are allied with using chemical/illegal weapons. I think it was for a lot of reasons, the weapon used was a small part.

It had absolutely nothing to do with innocent civilians being killed. As I said earlier, if it did, we would have to take a hard look at what we do, and our allies.
War is blind to morality except for what the nations agree is not acceptable. In the instant case there is an agreement regarding chemical warfare. That violation is what brought about the strike. I doubt there would have been one otherwise.

There is no reasonable excuse for killing anyone as a matter morality when it comes to civilians but it happens.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Trump didn't feel pressure. That's not how Trump works, Trump gives no shits about PR, or public opinion. He is a cable news viewer, that's where he gets his info, he is the Joe Schmo that had an emotional reaction to the video. Now he can act out with ICBMs instead of Twitter.
You act like you are Trumps brother in law. You don't know anymore than anyone else about him. Your comments are manufactured to fit any situation you want to assess.

townsend

Banned
Sounds like the Putin/Trump bromance is officially dead. WH accusing Russia of helping Assad cover up the chemical attack probably permanently changes a lot. This does probably mean that either there's no kompromot or Trump gives no fucks about it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Sounds like the Putin/Trump bromance is officially dead. WH accusing Russia of helping Assad cover up the chemical attack probably permanently changes a lot. This does probably mean that either there's no kompromot or Trump gives no fucks about it.
Weird, huh? It's almost as though you bought into a phony leaked document nobody else seemed to take seriously and ascribed authority to figures like John McCain, meanwhile ignoring the deep state's subversion of American democracy, all because you were really sad about the election.

Happens to the best of us.

townsend

Banned
Weird, huh? It's almost as though you bought into a phony leaked document nobody else seemed to take seriously and ascribed authority to figures like John McCain, meanwhile ignoring the deep state's subversion of American democracy, all because you were really sad about the election.

I don't buy the dossier as "phony" the better way to describe it as raw. It was a bunch of leads that a guy compiled together, and some of them, notably the contacts between Trump campaign officials like Manafort, have turned out to be true.

That being said, I'm certain the dossier was leaked as revenge from the CIA for the fight Trump had started with them. Or at least was a muscle flex.

I don't think Trump is a guy you can blackmail, though. Even if Putin had a pee video, when has Trump ever responded the threats? Whenever the Republicans have tried to reign him in, he seems to act out even more. Frankly, I don't know if a pee video (which I don't believe exists) would hurt his terrible approval ratings anyway. His base stood by him after the hot mic incident.

My guess is that if Putin had kompromot on anyone, it would be Flynn, Stone, or Manafort. That would explain why we've seen the president's view of Russia sour so quickly. I bet if one of the people who had taken a paycheck from Putin were still in Trump's sitroom, we would not seen the same Syria response. HR McMaster and Jared Kushner aren't going to be talking up Putin.

2233boys

Not So New Member
War is blind to morality except for what the nations agree is not acceptable. In the instant case there is an agreement regarding chemical warfare. That violation is what brought about the strike. I doubt there would have been one otherwise.

There is no reasonable excuse for killing anyone as a matter morality when it comes to civilians but it happens.
Ummm ok, war is blind to morality? Whatever that means. Are you trying to teach me something?

As I said, we choose not to strike other times in other countries (or in Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Yemen, etc.) when illegal weapons or chemical weapons are used or for that matter when innocent people are killed we don't tend to care. (because we kill civilians ourselves)

I think there is a lot more to it then chemical weapons use but until more comes out, it is little more than a conspiracy theory.

Beyond that the war machine got their action so the Hillary, McCain, and the like are satisfied. But we attacked a foreign country without the consent of congress, and they and the establishment Media, Reps and Dems (all part of the war machine) can't be more pleased.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:lol

No doubt.

townsend

Banned
Eric Trump Says Syria Strike Was Swayed By ‘Heartbroken’ Ivanka

Eric Trump Says Syria Strike Was Swayed By ‘Heartbroken’ Ivanka

Donald Trump's decision to bomb Syria was influenced by his daughter, Ivanka, being "heartbroken and outraged" at the country's alleged chemical weapons attack, one of the president's sons told a British newspaper.

The president launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian government air base he alleged was involved in a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians last week.

Trump's 33-year-old son, Eric, told The Daily Telegraph on Monday that the strike was influenced in part by Ivanka, who he said was "heartbroken and outraged" by the chemical attack.

Play Suspected Gas Attack Kills Dozens, Including Children, in Syria Facebook TwitterEmbed
Suspected Gas Attack Kills Dozens, Including Children, in Syria 0:57
"Ivanka is a mother of three kids and she has influence," Eric Trump said, speaking with the newspaper at Trump Turnberry golf resort in Ayrshire, Scotland. "I'm sure she said, 'Listen, this is horrible stuff.' My father will act in times like that."

Trump himself was "deeply affected" by the pictures of children being "sprayed down by hoses to keep their skin from burning," according to his son. "It was horrible. These guys are savages and I'm glad he responded the way he responded."

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was asked about Ivanka at the daily press briefing and said, "There's no question Ivanka and others weighed in to him" after seeing horrific pictures of the victims of the chemical attack.

Spicer said he didn't know if Ivanka had discussed the response U.S. missile attack with her father.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Eric Trump described the president as "a great thinker, practical not impulsive," and added: "I'm proud he took that action, and believe me he thinks things through."

Asked about Russia's threats of military escalation following the strike, Eric Trump told the Telegraph his father would not be intimidated.

"There will be no one harder — he has got more backbone than anybody," he said. "He is not a guy who gets intimidated. I can tell you he is tough and he won't be pushed around. The cards will shake out the way they do but he's tough."

Russia is a key backer of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has been battling rebels trying to unseat him for more than six years.

He said Trump was "deeply committed" to building America's military strength and said he was a "big believer in Ronald Reagan's philosophy of achieving peace through strength."

During the campaign, Trump and his team had pledged to rebuild a Washington-Moscow relationship that deteriorated since Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea. FBI Director James Comey has testified that his agency is investigating whether members of Trump's campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Eric Trump said his dad has only argued that the U.S. should be "best friends with other superpowers" and described allegations of improper links with Russia as "ridiculous."

"If there was anything that [the strike on] Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie," he said.

Critics of former President Barack Obama said he went back on his promise to act if the Syrian regime crossed the "red line" of using chemical weapons. Back then, Trump was one of the voices cautioning his predecessor to follow an isolationist policy, once tweeting that "we should stay the hell out of Syria."

His son acknowledged this but said that recent events had changed the picture.

"And by the way, he was anti doing anything with Syria two years ago," Eric Trump told the Telegraph. "Then a leader gasses their own people, women and children, at some point America is the global leader and the world's superpower has to come forward and act and they did with a lot of support of our allies and I think that's a great thing."

It was not the first time the U.S. has blamed the Assad regime for a chemical attack. On Aug. 21, 2013, a sarin nerve gas attack killed hundreds of people in the Ghouta suburb of Damascus. The U.S. and others said Assad was responsible.
----------------------------------------------
This makes a lot of sense. Very clearly that Ivanka and Jared are the biggest voices in the room right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ummm ok, war is blind to morality? Whatever that means. Are you trying to teach me something?

As I said, we choose not to strike other times in other countries (or in Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Yemen, etc.) when illegal weapons or chemical weapons are used or for that matter when innocent people are killed we don't tend to care. (because we kill civilians ourselves)

I think there is a lot more to it then chemical weapons use but until more comes out, it is little more than a conspiracy theory.

Beyond that the war machine got their action so the Hillary, McCain, and the like are satisfied. But we attacked a foreign country without the consent of congress, and they and the establishment Media, Reps and Dems (all part of the war machine) can't be more pleased.
No. I doubt I could teach you anything.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am sure you could. Maybe not about politics, because you'd need to stop being a fanboy and start being real.
I have stated my position. Trump is the President. I am in support of him succeeding in that capacity and you should be also because this is your country as well. You rage and hatred over a lost election has gotten you stuck in one spot and you cannot seem to move on. All you time, efforts and dialogue is directed at an event that has passed and you can't leave it. Move on and try supporting the good of the country rather than dwelling on what might have been. Then ask what is being real. The way things are or the way you wished they were?

townsend

Banned
I have stated my position. Trump is the President. I am in support of him succeeding in that capacity and you should be also because this is your country as well. You rage and hatred over a lost election has gotten you stuck in one spot and you cannot seem to move on. All you time, efforts and dialogue is directed at an event that has passed and you can't leave it. Move on and try supporting the good of the country rather than dwelling on what might have been. Then ask what is being real. The way things are or the way you wished they were?
Authoritarian nonsense. Trump succeeding is, in many cases, at the expense of the American people. Of course we should want him to fail because his interests are in conflict with the welfare of the American people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Authoritarian nonsense. Trump succeeding is, in many cases, at the expense of the American people. Of course we should want him to fail because his interests are in conflict with the welfare of the American people.
You need help.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't buy the dossier as "phony" the better way to describe it as raw. It was a bunch of leads that a guy compiled together, and some of them, notably the contacts between Trump campaign officials like Manafort, have turned out to be true.
Like I said, it was just extremely unreliable hearsay. Nothing more than rumors really.

Top Bottom