Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

You don't get how an investigation on people closely tied to the Trump campaign/administration has any possible tie or relation to firing of the person in charge of the investigation?

I'm sure you'd have the exact same opinion if Clinton won the election and fired Comey while the FBI continued the investigation into her emails.

I think we're done here.
You'd never have an employee investigating their employer for this very reason. It doesn't make any sense to have someone investigating Trump who can be hired or fired by Trump. There is just no logic behind that. You need an independent investigator for this type of stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

You don't get how an investigation on people closely tied to the Trump campaign/administration has any possible tie or relation to firing of the person in charge of the investigation?

I'm sure you'd have the exact same opinion if Clinton won the election and fired Comey while the FBI continued the investigation into her emails.

I think we're done here.
Can you name me the people tied to Trump other than Flynn and one other. Flynn was also fired. I don't recall the disposition of the other. There has not been any reports of " people tied to Trump" in this investigation.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The reason he put his exoneration by Comey in the letter was for the public to see that the investigation has already exonerated him and this wasn't a reason for firing him.
The reason he did it, was because he is scared, and trying to shift focus. There was no other purpose for it in the letter.

The fact that Comey wouldn't say last week under oath that Trump wasn't under investigation, when testifying to congress and the fact that he said the FBI was investigating the Trump Campaign since last Summer (earlier this year), doesn't phase you one bit does it?

Laughable

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can you name me the people tied to Trump other than Flynn and one other. Flynn was also fired. I don't recall the disposition of the other. There has not been any reports of " people tied to Trump" in this investigation.
Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Roger Stone.

I'm assuming you mean aside from Sessions who had to recuse himself due to meetings that he had with the Russian ambassador that he didn't disclose during his affirmation hearings?

I also realize that you're going to try to pick apart any kind of association Trump has with any of those first three, and then discredit whatever relationship Sessions had with the Russian ambassador, but that's fine.

The thing is I'm not a Democrat, I sure as shit didn't vote for Clinton, and I never even voted for Obama. I don't give one single fuck about Democrat vs. Republican because both parties are immensely full of shit, it's just that we now have a President who is a fake Republican that is undermining this country to an extent that we haven't seen before, and yet Republicans like you will go to any length, and go through any amount of mental gymnastics to defend him because he had a fucking R next to his name in November.

The funny thing is I'm sure 10, 20, 30 years ago you'd have laughed your ass off at the idea of having this know-nothing as President, yet because he ended up with a R next to his name on the ballot in November 2016 you will now do anything to give him the benefit of the doubt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Roger Stone.

I'm assuming you mean aside from Sessions who had to recuse himself due to meetings that he had with the Russian ambassador that he didn't disclose during his affirmation hearings?

I also realize that you're going to try to pick apart any kind of association Trump has with any of those first three, and then discredit whatever relationship Sessions had with the Russian ambassador, but that's fine.

The thing is I'm not a Democrat, I sure as shit didn't vote for Clinton, and I never even voted for Obama. I don't give one single fuck about Democrat vs. Republican because both parties are immensely full of shit, it's just that we now have a President who is a fake Republican that is undermining this country to an extent that we haven't seen before, and yet Republicans like you will go to any length, and go through any amount of mental gymnastics to defend him because he had a fucking R next to his name in November.

The funny thing is I'm sure 10, 20, 30 years ago you'd have laughed your ass off at the idea of having this know-nothing as President, yet because he ended up with a R next to his name on the ballot in November 2016 you will now do anything to give him the benefit of the doubt.
These people you listed are not part of the Trump Administration. They are people who have been affiliated with him at a point in time but I am not even sure all of them had anything to do with his campaign. Can we keep it to a discussion of the topic and spare the personal analysis.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reason he did it, was because he is scared, and trying to shift focus. There was no other purpose for it in the letter.

The fact that Comey wouldn't say last week under oath that Trump wasn't under investigation, when testifying to congress and the fact that he said the FBI was investigating the Trump Campaign since last Summer (earlier this year), doesn't phase you one bit does it?

Laughable
If he was trying to shift focus why fire Comey in the first place? Seems like that move would do nothing but draw attention.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Laughable
Now you sound like you know the mind of Trump. That is your perception.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
These people you listed are not part of the Trump Administration. They are people who have been affiliated with him at a point in time but I am not even sure all of them had anything to do with his campaign. Can we keep it to a discussion of the topic and spare the personal analysis.
You asked me to name people tied to Trump, not people who are part of the administration, aside from Sessions of course.

And Manafort was his campaign chairman for a period of time and has probably the most damning ties to Russia, so there's that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The White House on Wednesday defended President Trump’s decision to fire James Comey, saying the former FBI director threw a “stick of dynamite” into the Department of Justice, and committed “atrocities” in his handling of the Clinton email saga. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You asked me to name people tied to Trump, not people who are part of the administration, aside from Sessions of course.

And Manafort was his campaign chairman for a period of time and has probably the most damning ties to Russia, so there's that.
No your post earlier stated people who were part of Trumps campaign or administration and I asked you to name these people.

"You don't get how an investigation on people closely tied to the Trump campaign/administration has any possible tie or relation to firing of the person in charge of the investigation?

I think we're done here."

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The White House on Wednesday defended President Trump’s decision to fire James Comey, saying the former FBI director threw a “stick of dynamite” into the Department of Justice, and committed “atrocities” in his handling of the Clinton email saga. :lol
You haven't heard all the Democrats bemoaning Comeys actions and handling of the Clinton matter and he should be fired?. Now these same individuals are the ones having a laying down fit about him being fired. How consistent is that?

townsend

Banned
No your post earlier stated people who were part of Trumps campaign or administration and I asked you to name these people.

"I'm sure you'd have the exact same opinion if Clinton won the election and fired Comey while the FBI continued the investigation into her emails.

I think we're done here."
I would have had a similar reaction if Clinton had fired Comey. Firing a federal employee over politics is cowardly. She wouldn't have done it either, because she's not a demented game show host miles out of his depth.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I would have had a similar reaction if Clinton had fired Comey. Firing a federal employee over politics is cowardly. She wouldn't have done it either, because she's not a demented game show host miles out of his depth.
I don't disagree, but you are aware that it is pretty much tradition to do this, right? It is very very common.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never accused him of being smart. It did draw attention, as you can see.
Frankly I think this whole Russia thing is still a giant wild goose chase. I don't think Trump is dumb enough to think firing Comey "will cover up my Russia dealings." But he is still an idiot for firing Comey because it just gives the media another thing to hammer over and over about.

Personally I just wish we could focus on shit that actually matters. Instead we will be sitting here talking about Comey. Who honestly I don't give a shit about and was probably incompetent at his job.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Notwithstanding Clinton, Comey needed to be fired. He placed himself in this position by doing things he is not authorized to do and compromised himself from being objective regarding the current investigation of the Russian interference matter as well as driving down the morale of the career investigative agents. Never has any investigative body or director of same rendered a legal opinion on their own investigation. He just made too many blunders trying to get on correct bandwagon. He though Hillary would win and rendered the opinion on her investigation then later when the race went the other way he may have thrown her in the grease. He had way more affect on the election than Trump. He got too big for his britches.

townsend

Banned
I don't disagree, but you are aware that it is pretty much tradition to do this, right? It is very very common.
Yes,a lot of the federal government gets dumped and replaced by a new administration (which I disagree with) that's a penalty of party politics, but the FBI director serves a 10 year appointment specifically so they won't be beholden to the president. The only one that's been sacked in recent memory (William Sessions) was fired for serious ethics violations, not because the prez didn't like how he talked in a senate hearing.

Top Bottom