Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.

townsend

Banned
Uh, I think he just did. And when the newly appointed Director shuts down the probe, what will the excuse be then?
What was the excuse when the Whitehouse had Devin Nunes interfere with the investigation on their behalf? They'll just shrug, scream "fake news", until the next news cycle. "Excuses" imply someone believes Trump has to answer for his actions. No one who's still on team Trump actually believes he needs to be held responsible for anything.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Uh, I think he just did. And when the newly appointed Director shuts down the probe, what will the excuse be then?
If you are referencing the FBI investigation of the Russian effect on the election, this will not happen. Chances are it will be geared higher now that Comey is gone. He was not addressing it properly and this is one of the reasons why the DOJ asst director recommended Comey be terminated.

With the fence straddling over the Clinton matter And trying to appease Trump, the process was being compromised and stifled. Now the Asst DOJ Director can direct the new Acting FBI director things will gear up because this matter needs to be disclosed to the public as soon as possible because of the PR of the entire Trump on going administration.

If you think it will be dummy downed I think you under estimate the career FBI investigative group. During the failed bank crises a few years back I worked with the FBI and DOJ closely and I will tell you that nothing gets them going more than a high profile investigative process. They will go full out now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would welcome your assessment of why the FBI director was fired.
If you can't see why an administration firing the person heading up the organization that is investigating the administration in order to appoint their own person to head up that organization is preposterous then I don't know what to tell you.

It's politically tone deaf at best and at worst it's a subversion of our political system the likes of which this country has rarely ever seen.

And since you seemingly buy whatever is shoveled down your throat as long as it comes from someone with an R next to their name, why don't you watch this and explain the rationale for firing him based on what happened with Clinton:

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/862109387921526784

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you can't see why an administration firing the person heading up the organization that is investigating the administration in order to appoint their own person to head up that organization is preposterous then I don't know what to tell you.

It's politically tone deaf at best and at worst it's a subversion of our political system the likes of which this country has rarely ever seen.

And since you seemingly buy whatever is shoveled down your throat as long as it comes from someone with an R next to their name, why don't you watch this and explain the rationale for firing him based on what happened with Clinton:

To be fair, his appointee will have to be approved by congress.

2233boys

Not So New Member
To be fair, his appointee will have to be approved by congress.
A republican controlled congress, although, some very high profile Republicans are also panning this decision as suspicious at best.

This was about his campaign being investigated, Trump enforced his concern when he mentioned it specifically in his letter to Comey. Saying thank you for saying you weren't investigating me on 3 separate occasions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The investigation is directed at the Russians as the the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A republican controlled congress, although, some very high profile Republicans are also panning this decision as suspicious at best.

This was about his campaign being investigated, Trump enforced his concern when he mentioned it specifically in his letter to Comey. Saying thank you for saying you weren't investigating me on 3 separate occasions.
The reason he put his exoneration by Comey in the letter was for the public to see that the investigation has already exonerated him and this wasn't a reason for firing him.

Cotton

Staff member
The investigation is directed at the Russians are the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.
This is correct. But, you wouldn't freaking know it by watching the national news.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The investigation is directed at the Russians are the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.
I get that but acting like that subtle detail makes any difference whatsoever is ridiculous.

Whether or not someone was involved in the campaign but not the actual administration is basically semantics when it comes to the political impact on Trump/the administration itself.

And obviously Sessions had to recuse himself based on his history, so there's that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The guy also asked for more money last week to ratchet up the probe. In bizarro world that is called "not doing a good job".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is correct. But, you wouldn't freaking know it by watching the national news.
Oh yes, it's the fault of the media that Trump did something nearly unprecedented that makes him and the administration look horrific.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh yes, it's the fault of the media that Trump did something nearly unprecedented that makes him and the administration look horrific.
Point was the media is comparing this to the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre. Trumps administration is not under investigation, but it is being made out like it was/is. And, yes, those lies are the fault of the media.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get that but acting like that subtle detail makes any difference whatsoever is ridiculous.

Whether or not someone was involved in the campaign but not the actual administration is basically semantics when it comes to the political impact on Trump/the administration itself.

And obviously Sessions had to recuse himself based on his history, so there's that.
I don't know what and how that ties to the firing the FBI director. But things will sift out in time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know what and how that ties to the firing the FBI director. But things will sift out in time.
:lol

You don't get how an investigation on people closely tied to the Trump campaign/administration has any possible tie or relation to firing of the person in charge of the investigation?

I'm sure you'd have the exact same opinion if Clinton won the election and fired Comey while the FBI continued the investigation into her emails.

I think we're done here.

townsend

Banned
Point was the media is comparing this to the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre. Trumps administration is not under investigation, but it is being made out like it was/is. And, yes, those lies are the fault of the media.
We don't know if he's under investigation. Assuming he isn't, because the FBI can't say is incorrect.

townsend

Banned
There are 3 investigations going on. One by a republican house (that Trump has already interfered with, one by a republican senate, and one in which the AG that was forced to recuse himself advised the president to fire the person in charge. The FBI will now be run by a man appointed by Trump and advised by the same republican senators dragging their feet in their own investigation.

Even if Trump's completely innocent, this is a government that's acting like their president is above the law.

Cotton

Staff member
There are 3 investigations going on. One by a republican house (that Trump has already interfered with, one by a republican senate, and one in which the AG that was forced to recuse himself advised the president to fire the person in charge. The FBI will now be run by a man appointed by Trump and advised by the same republican senators dragging their feet in their own investigation.

Even if Trump's completely innocent, this is a government that's acting like their president is above the law.
Media: Trump is acting like he is above the law.

Obama: Hold my beer and watch this.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Media: Trump is acting like he is above the law.

Obama: Hold my beer and watch this.
And this right here is what is wrong with this country in a nutshell.

The priority isn't what is best for the country, it's getting back, getting even, or one-upping the other party.

Guess what, these dumbfuck political parties aren't what made this country but they sure as shit are bringing it down.

Cotton

Staff member
And this right here is what is wrong with this country in a nutshell.

The priority isn't what is best for the country, it's getting back, getting even, or one-upping the other party.

Guess what, these dumbfuck political parties aren't what made this country but they sure as shit are bringing it down.
It was a joke, homie.

Top Bottom