Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What can I say. The title says it all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Next thing he will just have anyone who makes him look bad assassinated.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't really claim to have understanding of what's up here but it appears that Trump doesn't want to F around. I can appreciate that, unless there's something I'm missing. I'm sure on of the board centrist will inform me

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't really claim to have understanding of what's up here but it appears that Trump doesn't want to F around. I can appreciate that, unless there's something I'm missing. I'm sure on of the board centrist will inform me
He just wants to shut down the Russia probe. Shouldn't have any issue making that happen now when he appoints a new guy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He just wants to shut down the Russia probe. Shouldn't have any issue making that happen now when he appoints a new guy.
I don't think so. Comey ripped his britches when he colluded wit the DOJ head and Bill Clinton with the tarmac meeting then took it upon himself or agreed to direct a verdict on the Hillary Clinton email investigation. He was completely out of his authority range for that action. I have heard of some grumbling from the career FBI. Investigators that they were furious with him and completely disenchanted. He has since straddled the fence over other issues but now that the DOJ assistant director is calling the shots for the investigative process, my guess is he has recommended that Comey be cut loose for reasons not yet disclosed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

townsend

Banned
This is it. If ever there was an "it" firing the person investigating you screams Watergate. Keep in mind his AG and and the head of house intelligence committee already had to recuse themselves. There's a 0% chance that this doesn't end in the appointment of a special prosecutor.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is it. If ever there was an "it" firing the person investigating you screams Watergate. Keep in mind his AG and and the head of house intelligence committee already had to recuse themselves. There's a 0% chance that this doesn't end in the appointment of a special prosecutor.
Of course it will unless the Senate decides to use their own authority. Either way they will call the shots but not to investigate the firing just to continue the existing investigations.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This deal really cracks me up. I did some reading on the competing networks and got two completely different stories on the firing. It is so starkly different, it is laughable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This deal really cracks me up. I did some reading on the competing networks and got two completely different stories on the firing. It is so starkly different, it is laughable.
It really is. If you have some knowledge of how the system works them it is completely laughable to hear some of these news hacks rant about this. It's actually a simple situation. Comey played both sides of the fence and placed himself into a political position. He also took on duties he was not authorized to do and put him self in the crosshairs.

The assistant director of the DOJ who is his boss has been reviewing Comey for a while and recommended to the President to have him dismissed. The President accepted the recommendation and terminated him.

The investigative process will proceed about the Russian influence in the election and it will be business as usual. There will be idiotic screaming about conspiracies but it will be from the same screamers that only yesterday were screaming for Comeys head. Its all a slanted prejudicial political position rather than being about ridding the system of an appointee who crossed the line.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anybody who thinks this was done solely because of the Clinton stuff or because of a "lack of faith" or any other such nonsense is either a flat out idiot, too blind to see the situation for what it is because they vote Republican, or both.

This type of move is nearly unprecedented considering the Russia investigation and the fact that Sessions had to recuse himself, and yet if you listen to some it's just business as usual, simply a boss that doesn't have faith in his employee anymore, nothing to see here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anybody who thinks this was done solely because of the Clinton stuff or because of a "lack of faith" or any other such nonsense is either a flat out idiot, too blind to see the situation for what it is because they vote Republican, or both.

This type of move is nearly unprecedented considering the Russia investigation and the fact that Sessions had to recuse himself, and yet if you listen to some it's just business as usual, simply a boss that doesn't have faith in his employee anymore, nothing to see here.
I would welcome your assessment of why the FBI director was fired.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would welcome your assessment of why the FBI director was fired.
Uh, I think he just did. And when the newly appointed Director shuts down the probe, what will the excuse be then?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't think so. Comey ripped his britches when he colluded wit the DOJ head and Bill Clinton with the tarmac meeting then took it upon himself or agreed to direct a verdict on the Hillary Clinton email investigation. He was completely out of his authority range for that action. I have heard of some grumbling from the career FBI. Investigators that they were furious with him and completely disenchanted. He has since straddled the fence over other issues but now that the DOJ assistant director is calling the shots for the investigative process, my guess is he has recommended that Comey be cut loose for reasons not yet disclosed.
I'm fine with him being fired.

I said Obama should have fired him before he left office for some of the reasons that you mentioned.

Top Bottom