Honored Member - RIP
WTF I thought he was getting better

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cowboys C Travis Frederick announces retirement

Frederick announced his retirement at 29 years old.

By SportsDay Staff

Dallas Cowboys center Travis Frederick announced his retirement via Twitter on Monday.

Frederick, 29, suffered from Guillain-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disease that weakens the muscles and attacks the peripheral nervous system. A player who hadn’t missed a game his first five years in the NFL was forced to sit out the entire 2018 season.

He came back and started all 16 games in the regular season last year.

“When I developed Guillian-Barré Syndrome, I did not know how to handle things. I was scared. That experience forced me to reevaluate my life priorities," Frederick said in his statement. “I spent much of that year thinking about both the past and future. I realized how fortunate I was to play a game for a living. I realized how fortunate I was to make friends and become teammates with some great men. Most of all, I realized the importance of my family and how much I want to be there for their peaks and valleys as they were for me.”

p1_

DCC 4Life
nothing about why. this blows

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That sucks but we did make it to the divisional round with Looney starting every game, and McGovern projected as a OG/C so if he really steps up he could take the position as well.

It's never easy losing an All Pro talent out of the blue but somehow we aren't in shambles without him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This also opens up about 10-11 million in cap space over the next two seasons, maybe they should do something with it besides signing Poe to a 1 year/4 million deal or some shit.

Newt

DCC 4Life
This sucks, he was one of my favorites. Wish him the best.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meanwhile Jasons fucking Kelce and Peters continue to play into their 50s, it feels like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, we are fucked. Looney is not good enough and McGovern is not ready.

Top Bottom