Training Camp Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Was that Awuzie? Nice hit, but I wish he'd wrap up. I hate those shoulder hits that runners just bounce off of a lot of times.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Was that Awuzie? Nice hit, but I wish he'd wrap up. I hate those shoulder hits that runners just bounce off of a lot of times.
Yes, it was Awuzie.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I doubt that was a full contact, to the ground drill.
Maybe, maybe not. Still doesn't change the fact that we see defensive backs with that "tackling" style more often than not. And that's what I was talking about.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe, maybe not. Still doesn't change the fact that we see defensive backs with that "tackling" style more often than not. And that's what I was talking about.
Yea, we'll see, Seattle is known for their tackling technique which more or less emphasizes grabbing/driving through the core of the opponent so I'd be surprised if these guys were out here throwing shoulders all year.

Cotton

Staff member
Shit tons of love for Dorance Armstrong going on right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit tons of love for Dorance Armstrong going on right now.
Sure is. Talking about him being a steal.

I will say he looks better than Charlton does, even now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure is. Talking about him being a steal.

I will say he looks better than Charlton does, even now.
He was talked about as a 1st before the 2017 season and has ideal size/length so...yea, not surprising. It's just that most of these Joe Fans out here don't really know anybody outside of the top 20 of a draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Granted it is against Jake Campos, but this is impressive.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He was giving Cam Fleming fits in one of the clips.

Cotton

Staff member

Regardless of who it against, that is some seriously impressive bend. My god, the big man was almost on the ground turning that corner and maintained his feet. That is incredible.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I said it after we drafted him....while he may be a bit undersized, the guy has speed that would be great to have in an end of game (f’n Rodgers/Packers anyone?) scenario where the OL is tired and we need that critical sack or pressure. Real excited about this guy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dont forget David Irving was flagrantly held in the final plays of the GB 2016 playoff game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was talked about as a 1st before the 2017 season and has ideal size/length so...yea, not surprising. It's just that most of these Joe Fans out here don't really know anybody outside of the top 20 of a draft.
Yeah and not all great NFL pass rushers go in the first round. Would be awesome if we found the next Ngakoue or something like that. People's expectations are based mostly on where a guy is drafted and draft projections of where a guy is "supposed to go." But like you point out a guy can go from darling to third day draft pick by having what is perceived to be one down year in college football. But there can be a lot of causes of that. Doesn't always mean a guy isn't that good.

Either way hopefully we got a gem. Depth on the D-line is so important because even your backup DE's are needed a ton. Plus pass rushers are always better when they are fresh. The best defenses bring them in waves.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah and not all great NFL pass rushers go in the first round. Would be awesome if we found the next Ngakoue or something like that. People's expectations are based mostly on where a guy is drafted and draft projections of where a guy is "supposed to go." But like you point out a guy can go from darling to third day draft pick by having what is perceived to be one down year in college football. But there can be a lot of causes of that. Doesn't always mean a guy isn't that good.

Either way hopefully we got a gem. Depth on the D-line is so important because even your backup DE's are needed a ton. Plus pass rushers are always better when they are fresh. The best defenses bring them in waves.
Backup D-line is so important because OL don't sub out. It's an incredible advantage later in games.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Based on...?
Visual evidence? Yeah, "too valuable" may be an overstatement right now, but if he continues to catch passes the way he has, he may become just that.

I normally don't get hot and bothered over camp projects, but the thought of him being picked up by a division rival who'll figure out a creative way of using him (probably against us), concerns me just a bit.

What are the odds of him clearing waivers if he is released? Even if his blocking doesn't improve, which it probably wont.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Visual evidence? Yeah, "too valuable" may be an overstatement right now, but if he continues to catch passes the way he has, he may become just that.

I normally don't get hot and bothered over camp projects, but the thought of him being picked up by a division rival who'll figure out a creative way of using him (probably against us), concerns me just a bit.

What are the odds of him clearing waivers if he is released? Even if his blocking doesn't improve, which it probably wont.
I still think the Cowboys are trying to under play him with hopes of the practice squad. He catches a ton of balls in practice and did all preseason last year. Seems odd to me how hard they are trying to hold him back. I get that he isn't a great blocker but every other NFL team seems to figure out how to use TEs who are weapons as receivers but below average blockers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

If he can't make the team at this point, I couldn't care less if he clears waivers.

Top Bottom