The Tyron Smith Injury Watch Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I haven't followed, what is Fisher's story? He was good at one point. Was last year because of the Achilles injury or was he already failing for other reasons?

Also, is Peters completely done? I know he's close if not already there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A natural function of team building is strengthen your losses. We intentionally made losses with both Collins and Cooper and just figured we would draft our way out of it.

And now they'll pretend Walesko is the answer.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

I haven't followed, what is Fisher's story? He was good at one point. Was last year because of the Achilles injury or was he already failing for other reasons?

Also, is Peters completely done? I know he's close if not already there.

I read somewhere that Peters still wants to play. He's probably a shell of his former self but that's still light years better than Ball.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And now they'll pretend Walesko is the answer.
It is a shame about his shoulder. I have a feeling he might could have at least been the swing this year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This should be his last year in Dallas.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So the Ticket says he didn't tear the belly of the muscle, he tore the tendon attachment off the bone.

Yeah, he's done for good.

Genghis Khan

If not Walesko I guess they'll move Tyler to LT and pretend two weeks is enough time to get a raw rookie up to speed at one of the most difficult (and dangerous to your QB) positions to play in football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
sounds like the kind of injury where the muscle rolled up the leg like an old-fashioned window shade.
As old as Smith is, this should wrap up his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A few OT options.

Daryl Williams: Probably too expensive for Stephen's blood. A one year deal for a player of his caliber would probably cost around $8M. Bonus is he's a local product and we know how the Joneses love Dallas area players. He's the one I'd prefer to see brought in.

Eric Fisher: A cheaper option who'll be another year removed from that Achilles injury. Had an up and down year last year with the Colts. But it could be worth a gamble to bet on his health, experience, and moxie.

Brandon Shell: A player right up Stephen's alley. A player from the scratched and dented bargain bin. But he has a lot of starting experience, unfortunately I think it's all at RT.
Fisher might be the better option of this group if he is in shape. Williams is more of a RT, but has played some LT. If Shell had a different last name, nobody would care.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The internal options are not good. Unless Tyler Smith can get some time in at LT, it is going to be rough any way we go staying internal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jaelyn Duncan
Paris Johnson
Peter Skoronski

Basically just take the best OL available in the 1st next year if they're anywhere close to the BPA.

Top Bottom